Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
8,076 Posts
BackInBlack said:
You should be using a shampoo that is PH Balanced for dogs. I wouldnt think Head and Shoulders would be good for a dogs skin or coat, but I could be wrong. Use a really good conditioner (made for dogs) I like the Solid Gold Jojoba Skin and Coat Conditioner. No lotion! Also, be sure your rinsing the shampoo really really well with cool water.

Like others have said, try supplementing a little Fish Oil in her diet. I give my dogs 1000mg a day. I'm not a huge fan of ProPlan. In fact, Im not at all a fan of it, but there are people who use it with great success.

I would just bathe her less, and try to give her more oils in her diet. I wipe mine off with the "aloe & e" baby wipes to keep them clean. Good Luck!

Great advice BIB, Head and Shoulders is actually a really strong shampoo even for humans! I give ******* a few different oils, Safflower, Flaxseed and Cod Liver Oil in the winter months.
BIB, I think you should be a spokeswomen for Solid Gold..hehe!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.