Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted a short video clip yesterday in Eva's Toeing In thread showing a tiny kitten along our walk route with no fear of Dobermans:

https://www.dobermantalk.com/doberman-health/304957-eva-toeing-older-female-dobe-2.html#post4146651

At the time I put some ominous music to that video, because I just couldn't get over how brazen and unafraid the little feline was!
The owner had found her (him?) on side of highway on trip back from a flea market. The little kitten hasn't seemed to grow any over last couple months, but it's got a big attitude, maybe from being a street cat?

An unnamed DT member gave me flak for cutting that previous video short. I had my phone camera ready on this morning's walk in case Eva and I ran across this little cutey kitten. Sure enough, we did. Here's the video compilation of this morning's event. Eva has never been up close to a cat since we adopted her 8 years ago, but we see plenty on our walks.
Hope you enjoy it, a bit over 2 min. length... :2smile:

Eva's First (Close) Kitty Encounter!

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Eva would like my kitties--having been raised with and by and living with Dobermans both Clark and Leon are friendly to Dobes--not so much to small yappy dogs.

Joey is still trying to learn what the cats teach him about behavior around cats.

Clark, who is big and has taught Joey not to be a nosey as Joey would like to be by smacking him on his nosey nose--and if Joey persists he gets smacked with claws out.

So now Joey tends to wait when Clark is approaching him to stay very very still--now Clark rubs all over Joey's face, feet front legs--I haven't explained to Joey that Clark has marked him as his (-Clark's) dog.

I loved the video--Eva did a great job of resisting the temptation to chase the kitty.

Good job SD--and Eva.

dobebug

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,518 Posts
That was pretty impressive, SD, the way Eva handled that situation. And that cat has some cojones, to walk up to a big dog like that LOL. Makes me wonder how Mocha would react...

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Part II - Spock Meets Little Kitty !!

Along our walk route this morning, Spock had a chance to meet Eva's new friend, Little Kitty.

Even as a veteran, senior Dobe of 10+ y/o, Spock learned some valuable new lessons today...

Spock Meets Little Kitty 8-15-20
:2smile:

Quite a bit different from Eva's encounter, yes? :2surprise:

Mr. Spocko learned some important lessons that he'd like to pass on to his DT Doberman brethren:

1. Don't get suckered by flirty females (any species)...

2. Don't Dober Nose Poke kittys!

3. Cats have claws that can hurt you! (even tiny kittens)

4. Cats are Evil, no matter what your sister told you.....
>:)

·
Dobes Dobles +1
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Poor Spock , give him a rub and hug for me - dang cats :2smile:
Interesting.
Eva was calmer as I recall.
Might that be why she had a more pleasant visit with Smack Cat ?

Yeah, I half way expected it, since Spock likes to nose poke new things.
Eva is much more laid back with other dog and animal encounters.
(I can hear Dobebug saying "I told you so")

After incident, Spock even revised the Big Bang Theory "Soft Kitty" lyrics: :wink2:

Soft kitty,

Seems so friendly kitty?

Gently poke you, little ball of fur.

Caddy kitty...

So evil kitty!

Hurt Hurt Hurt!

https://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/the+big+bang+theory/soft+kitty_21002365.html

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Yeah, I half way expected it, since Spock likes to nose poke new things.
Eva is much more laid back with other dog and animal encounters.
(I can hear Dobebug saying "I told you so")

After incident, Spock even revised the Big Bang Theory "Soft Kitty" lyrics: :wink2:

Soft kitty,

Seems so friendly kitty?

Gently poke you, little ball of fur.

Caddy kitty...

So evil kitty!

Hurt Hurt Hurt!

https://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/the+big+bang+theory/soft+kitty_21002365.html
I definitely told Joey, the loaner so! And if I took pictures (and you all know I don't--I'd have taken many pictures of the Clark inflicted scratches on his black nosey nose. I will credit Clark with some restraint though--he never smacked Joey with his claws out on the first nose pokey--usually he put up with it through three pokies.

Yes, and I sang the "Bad kitty, rotten kitty, little ball of claws..." also a retake of "Soft Kitty" to Joey when he came to show me his nose.

Gotta' go take care of the clinic cats and write orders...

It was a miserable 100 degrees yesterday and never really cooled down in the house--was still 77 degrees this morning--I did get it down to 75 degrees and I just went around to shut everything up--today's going to be even worse I'm afraid. Low last night was 69 degrees. ICK!

So g'morning to ya'll...

ABTLH

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,830 Posts
Poor Spock. I like the musical accompaniment reaching its most vigorous just exactly at the right moment. And how did you do the trick at the beginning, where Spock and surroundings are outlined in white?

Trip does that belly-up thing in front of Hairy too, whereupon Hairy takes unseemly interest in Trip's bottom. Positively incestuous they are. The claws only come out when clumsy dog steps on cat, and then gets chased around the room for his transgression.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Poor Spock. I like the musical accompaniment reaching its most vigorous just exactly at the right moment. And how did you do the trick at the beginning, where Spock and surroundings are outlined in white?

Trip does that belly-up thing in front of Hairy too, whereupon Hairy takes unseemly interest in Trip's bottom. Positively incestuous they are. The claws only come out when clumsy dog steps on cat, and then gets chased around the room for his transgression.

Mel, that's done with Cyberlink VideoDirector 15 editing software, which I am learning slowly to use. It has tons of Fx, transitions, etc. included with package. For most videos, I just use the default YouTube editor for trimming down and adding generic music (much quicker). Not near as good as LadyDi is with her iMovie software... :2smile:

Reactions: LadyDi and melbrod

·
Registered
4 Posts
>:) Cats are evil that's why I insist that my fluffy psychos MUST be beautiful. LOL BTW Our Grand Champion Birman is really Bentley's cat. He loves that cat with his whole heart. My ch stud male Birman Quizzy loves Bentley, he is so attached to Bentley it's funny. He'll weave in between Bentley's legs rubs on him all the time. Bentley on the other hand loves quizzy but Bentley's heart belongs to his Nermal cat.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New Eva Video With Kitty "Spidy"

Latest video shot today of Eva's frequent meetup with her kitty friend, "Spidy" the little tiny, frisky male. :2smile:

Eva Meets "Spidy" on This Morning's Walk

Found out from the cat's owners that he still has to be neutered, which you can see from this video.

Sometimes, Spidy is not out when we pass by on our walks. One time he was with another larger gold cat and didn't want to play with Eva. On the days when Spidy is not there, Eva stops at corner and cranes her neck in all directions looking for her little friend!

This is a breakthrough for Eva as she wasn't raised with cats and never had a closeup encounter with one, until she reached 10 y/o, as shown in Aug video in first post above.

Now she is fascinated with all cats, even the cat lady's (5) cats across the street. She had sniffed "Truffles", a Maine Coon cat, and it was amicable. However, she still has to learn that all cats are not so nice, as Spidy is! :2smile:

·
Super Moderator
21,134 Posts
Love it...Spidy is pretty tolerant of the sniffing and poking! He reminds me of my cats :)

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts
>:) Cats are evil that's why I insist that my fluffy psychos MUST be beautiful. LOL BTW Our Grand Champion Birman is really Bentley's cat. He loves that cat with his whole heart. My ch stud male Birman Quizzy loves Bentley, he is so attached to Bentley it's funny. He'll weave in between Bentley's legs rubs on him all the time. Bentley on the other hand loves quizzy but Bentley's heart belongs to his Nermal cat.
What a pretty name you have Denise!

And, it's spelled correctly, too!

:grin2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts