Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have used this site for a few years but just now a member! I have had dobermans growing up but now that im an adult, I am looking for my own Dobie. I have seen on threads that European Dobies have more health issues (perhaps due to their larger size?), but other than that I dont know the difference between the two.

Can anyone explain to me the difference and why you would choose a bloodline over the other? I am in SoCal (San Diego) and looking for a reputable breeder and I want to know if looking for breeders that specify "European bloodlines" means anything....or if i should steer clear etc.

Also if you recommend breeders in California or states neighboring mine. My doberman I had growing up had some health issues, so I want to make sure I find a perfect breeder who only breeds to better the breed, not a puppy mill (which i think my family dobie came from before we knew what that even was) I am interested in Shutzhund (sp?) and agility training but overall a family pet/best friend! Thank you all in advance for your help

·
Super Moderator
21,688 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.