Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Just a note on Euro lines. This isn't just with Dobes either. I know that when I lived in Germany, it was difficult to get a quality dog. Serious breeders over there are VERY picky on who their dogs go to. Many of the less scrupulous breeders and Americans who were just trying to turn a profit would advertise exceptional "European Lines" (note that wasn't German lines) and sell very poorly bred dogs imported from the old Eastern Bloc Countries. I remember several litters of Boxer pups imported from I think a puppy mill in Estonia (I could be wrong) that were so sick upon arrival most of them either died or were euthanized. These puppy mills frequently export their dogs to the US and unscrupulous breeders here then can tout "European Lines".

Of course there are exceptional European dogs but like with anything else, do your homework. Don't think just because "Europe" is being advertised, you're getting quality.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.