Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have been looking to buy a European Doberman this past year. I am wanting to get a Dobie with a working bloodline and overall good health. I came across Primier Dobermans, Doberman Ultimatus, and Paul Dobermans. I am wanting an honest opinion about these breeders. And if anyone has had experience with these breeders.
Any suggestions of breeders would be great.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
You're going to have a difficult time trying to find "good health" testing and European lines because they are so "gimmicky". By Gimmicky it's a typical BYB tale that they are more protective and bigger than American bred dobermans, none of which is true.

for Primier dobermans I'm not seeing a lot of health testing done in the US Holter, echos, thyroid and liver testing should be done yearly. I noticed he has about 5 male dobes, males can't generally run together so that likely means they are crated nearly 100% of the time. I don't see ANY titles on the dogs bred in the U. S. and not really any health testing besides DNA. If they say they do all of the health testing require to see it.

Doberman Ultimatus - I see ZERO health testing, titles or pedigrees listed. Once again you'll want proof.

Paul Dobermans - I see some health testing but a lot of it says pending, health testing isn't pending for THAT long. I'm not a big fan of Pride of Russia Sidor, he's produced some iffy temperaments.

I'd suggest going to the UDC website under breeder referral.

·
Super Moderator
21,890 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts