Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Endless ramble about all things Chihiro...

942 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Lexus 
#1 ·
I will get pics of it soon, but I finally got Chi's new bed. When she was a tiny pup, she took over Jordan's small bean bag chair. Then it swallowed her, now she is WAY too big for it. Since it's so small, we've felt guilty and have been allowing her on the furniture, but let me tell you, there is not a couch big enough in the entire world for me, Chihiro and Petri!!!
We've been looking for a big bean bag chair but the only American furniture store on island has been sold out since the beginning of December. We lucked out on Monday and got the last one! It is HUGE!!!! She loves it and again, has a bean bag chair that swallows her!
Now the chair has her very excited. The only problem with that is she has pee issues when she's too excited. We're really hoping she outgrows this, she's almost like a kid that's playing and just forgets to go when it's time. At any rate the other night, I crashed on the couch watching some stupid movie. On the rare occassion one or both of us sleep in the living room, we don't kennel Chi, we just let her sleep in her chair. So, Mark woke up, went for his run, came in and went to the shower. Did he think to take the dogs out? Oh no, he did not! Of course when he came in from his run and ran straight upstairs, Chi woke up, very excited because she had such a great nights sleep in her new bed. She poked me with her nose (typical Dobe wake-up). I grumbled that I was getting up, evidentally, I didn't move fast enough because she decided pouncing on me with all fours was warranted. Right as she pounced, I sat up and told her to get off, that I was coming. Obviously the sound of my voice was just too much for my happy girl and she got even happier as she pounced off and lost control completely! This would not have been such a big deal, it was our (by saying "our" I mean "Mark's") fault for not taking her out as soon as she woke up like she's used to, if her hind end had not been directly over my arm as was bouncing off the couch!!!!! GROSS!!!! Mark heard all about it and I don't think he'll forget to take her out if he's up before me again :)
I took her to an obedience class last night (for those of you who aren't up to speed, I've had problems finding a decent class and instructor). We went to the first class that I had tried out. Long story short, I ran into the instructor, she invited me to come and just work Chi on my own so I could practice with her and distractions. She did awesome, not that I thought she wouldn't :) Still some issues with fast approaching people or dogs but nothing what it used to be. I think if I take her a couple times a week for a month or so, she'll be completely fine at the end of it.
That's it for now :) Haven't been on much lately, been mega busy selling Girl Scout cookies. If any of you are just dying for thin mints, send a pm and I'm sure I can help you out :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Duchess use to Piddle when she got excited! lol she grew out of it...if it is out of excitement and it's just a little pee...they say to ignore it...and not punish them (not saying you do lol) Once and awhile when we come home...if we talk to her ...and she is overexcited she will cop a squat where she is at and just pee lol ...(well more than a piddle less than a normal pee) lol Oh thats great that you got to work her at class! I bet she loved it there! Duchess goes once a week continuously...just for fun...Sorry no cookies for me...I already ordered a box of Tagalongs from a young girl that came to my work. YUM TAGALONG!!!! mmmmm Im lucky that Matt is allergic to Peanuts! lol MINE! haha

#3 ·
Poor Chi, such an excitable little miss! :boldblue:

Have Mark's ears stopped bleeding yet from the bashing that he received. :2hammers:

Great to hear the obedience went really well. All your hard work is now paying off. Jeddah was tested at length under distraction at our class last week, with a mare in season in the paddock next door. All the boys just wanted to be friendly, so she was issuing kicks to the head like Bruce Lee, and being very verbal about it as well.

I could not get her to sit "tidy", she kept putting herself at a slight angle so that she could keep an eye on the horsey affairs! The trainer ended up walking shoulder to shoulder with me, Jedddah sandwiched between us, and she still tried to manouvre herself into the position that she wanted. Cheeky lass. So this week, we're walking against the fence in practice. LOL

mm thin mints, they sound nice.

#4 ·
Thin mints are deadly! I have cases upon cases of cookies in this house and was doing so very good until Mark opened a box of Thin Mints. He decided he wanted Caramel Delights instead and I (horrible, horrible, horrible) ate the entire box!

Here's Chi showing off her new bed :)

Just for the sake of it, here are Chi and YoYo, perfectly innocent :)

#9 ·
The piddling thing def. is not just a female thing. Deacon does this ALL the time when he gets too excited. One time i came home and i guess he had not heard me because he was still asleep on the couch. Deacon likes to sleep on his back with his legs all sprawled out. Well, me thinking it would be really cute to sneek up on him and tickle his belly found out the hard way. I got a jet stream of pee all over the front of my shirt, hands, everywhere! i just could not seem to move out of the way.... I guess i deserved it! :haha:

#11 ·
Poor Mark.... they just never learn do they? Chi looks quit awesome on her new bed!!!!! (more room for you on the couch now!!) Can't wait to hear all the success stories from class!

Harley is a piddler too.... when I was dog sitting my parents three dogs, he was soo excited that he insisted on my sitting on the floor with him in my lap... all well and good till I tipped the scales by saying simply "Good boy Harley" as he was coping so well with the excitement.... next thing you know my lap was soaked! Yuk!!! So shower, change, let Harley out to pee. Everyone calms down and I sit again to keep the dogs settled and harley came over to lean on me (momma's boy!), and I ended up with yet another wet lap!! Shower, change, harley out to pee.... Momma didn't sit on the floor again that night!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.