Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
sandy2233
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of this week, Emily's ALT counts have dropped over 600 pts. On her first panel, she had no numbers. Just knew she was over 1000. As per vet and Murreydobe, meds and different food. Besides SD Liver Diet, started feeding her a "protein" homecooked diet also. She has now completed 30 days of pred and she is on the lowest dosage she can be on and every other day. She is off the Prilosec. Eating has very much improved and she has put on 6 of the 10 pounds she lost. She started feeling very much like her old self again. Well enough, that I went ahead and showed her in Denver Thursday & Friday in Novice Obedience. She got a 2nd and 188 1/2 on Thursday completing her CD title and just showed her for fun on Friday where she got a 194 1/2 (2nd).
Vet will be monitoring another blood work up middle of March. Depending on what is found, there might be another med dosage ajustment. Vet feels this was caught in very early stage and he was so opitimistic today when we were talking about it. Just a reminder to every one, you know your dogs. Go with your gut feelings when you don't feel something isn't quite right. I pushed for this blood panel and it might have given me some extra years with Emily.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I was literally just thinking about you and your girl yesterday, wondering how she was doing. I'm so glad that she is doing better! What wonderful news. Good for you for pushing to get information and get a blood panel and being her advocate. It sounds like it really made a big difference.

And big congratulations on getting back in the ring and completing her CD title! That's great! You two have achieved a lot!

I hope Emily continues to feel better and you have many, many happy years together.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
A huge congratulations on her improved health AND her getting her CD!!! You are a wonderful doberman owner.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts