Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5 month old pup Kaydee has grown like a weed the embarrassing habit is she sticks her nose up my behind and in the front sometimes she will bump us pretty hard. She will do this to company too. How do I deter this habit I do turn quick but she will go for what ever end is exposed. She should know our sexes by now LOL. Thanks again, Kaytee's mom

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
LOL good luck! Kyrah loves to give nose pokes. Her habit isnt overly obnoxious. There are times she freaks me out b/c I really feel like a person just poked me. When we are out on leash I just try to make sure she isnt within poking range. If off leash it is unlikely she is going to go up to someone besides her family.

So I dont know how to tell you to curb it. It just seems to be something they love to do. Just get real good at blocking! LOL

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
Zil is a crotch sniffer :lol: He only does it as a greeting...and to me it's dog language (greeting) so I just tell people to get over it :lol: if they expect him to greet them their way...then it would be only polite for them to greet him his way....I know what most of my guests would prefer ;) :lol: :lol:

* just don't bend over nekid ;)

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Yeah, good luck, cause your gonna need it. Thank goodness, Parker finally quit on his own but I had one mixed girl that did it for years and years from behind. I reckon cause rhe could dodge my slap easier. She would trot along behind you with her nose under your shorts. Worse one I ever had for it. She way have quit when she was 10 or 11.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
My boy does it too for anybody who enters the house. Its not so bad though,I figure Its just his way of greeting

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thank you thank you for this post! My Gia which is my first Doberman does this all the time. I take her to work with me and I will go the counter to check someone out and Gia will come up from behind me and I sometimes jump 5 foot in the air. It is embarrasing. When we have company she will do it to them lol. I feel better just knowing that someone else in the same place as me :) wish I could help but still getting goosed! ;)

·
Got Doberman?
1,599 Posts
Dr, you crack me up. Nuff said.

Fortunately Hera hasn't started this, I have danced around that nose since I brought her home so she won't start and it seems to have worked for the most part. Every now and then she will get me or someone else but she does quite well. Now any other parts of the body are fair game though. I have had many of dober nose pokeys to the eye that have HURT like hell. I would almost rather get poked in the rear than that. Almost.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've been wondering if that was a Doberman thing because Dom does it all day everyday! (i call it nose bumps) he sticks his nose in everyyyythinggg!! I have glass decorations on my TV stand and I'll be laying in bed and he'll walk in and then I'll hear the clang of glass and its just him nose bumping the decor. He likes to nose bump freshly shaved legs too and I have gotten my share of nose bumps to the face. I think it's hilarious and if he one day stopped I'd miss it lol...he's not too bad w/ sticking it where it doesnt belong but he sure feels the need to nose bump everything in his path!

·
We Serve the Doberman
900 Posts
Loki never did this, but Dexter does nose pokies all the time.

I can hear my husband yelling from the bedroom, "Get your nose off my junk!"

Attachments

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
hehe this is so funny because at 5 months Bella loves to poke .. especially things that interest her, if it crawls or wiggles, she pokes it .. Nexus likes to poke a little, in greeting but her thing is the dober-butt, she's a backer, puts her butt right up against you and wants scratches. Both definite dober traits.
Bella bug poking:

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Sam is in 'nose pokie' rehab...although it doesn't seem to be working :)

I've found a good way to keep solicitors from knocking on my door:

"Warning! Doberman Crotch Poker on Duty"

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Finn is a huge "poker"...anything and everything....constantly knocking things over, shocking us from behind....he will look you right in the eye and then "wham".....poke you in the nose. First one I have had that does this to this extent....when he's snooping through the house it's almost as if he can not gauge the length of his own nose....

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
+5 years ago, my AMY "goosed" (from behind), a young lady (University grad), working in my sons office.

She did not see the humor in it...so to ADDED my VERBAL COMMENTS:
- Dad taught her every thing she knows...least I had a good laugh @ my own JOKE...me bad...He-He.

I am laughing at these posts and the older one linked too...just didn't know it was so wide spread...lol
- luckly our AMY out grew this tendency

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I have this little stand that sits close to my spot on the couch that I used to put my nebulizer on...well, it has accumulated all kinds of things on that tiny space. Mainly I put my bottle of water there, alcohol, hydrogen perioxide, vicks vapo rub, vaseline, glass I drink wine in, etc. If anything new appears, Parker has to give it a good nose nudge and generally isn't satisfied unless he rocks or knocks it off off the table. If I didn't have carpet, there would have been a lot of broken glass. Gets on my nerves, but one of his endearly little habits.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts