Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This recent post/story about Toby here, made me think about a little run in Magnum had earlier this year....

If it is possible to be embarrassed and proud at the same time about the same thing...

Back in February my boy got into a little scrap with the neighbors dog. A few weeks before we had a problem with a raccoon in the back yard. Magnum 1 Raccoon 0, he killed it in a few seconds, walked away w/o a scratch. Fast Forward
Next door neighbor's dog gets into our FENCED yard. Generally, Malia and Magnum have free reign of the back yard if I am home, and I am usually out with them....usually.
Was working on something in the house and heard an explosion of barks and screaming, animal screaming. Dropped what I was doing and out the door in a flash. Found the next door dog in the fence, in the corner with Magnum cornering it. It was screaming like the end of the world. I snatched the neighbor dog up and was out the fence about the time the neighbor cleared the corner of the house. I was terrified Magnum had hurt the smaller dog. Handed off the little dog and headed back to check Magnum. Got in the fence and saw blood everywhere.....PANIC TIME! Called Magnum over and was stunned at the blood. He had 10 or 12 bite wounds, lost most of a pad and was looking horrid. Figured the little dog must have some crushing wounds and yelled to the neighbor to ask....nope, the 4# dachshund was just fine, not a mark on her.
Magnum just stood there, the whole time and got bit all over, and did not lash out a bit. He could have broken that little dog stepping on it by accident, but stood there and just got bit.
While it is emabarrassing to admit my near 80# Doberkid got his @ss handed to him by a 4# toy, I am proud of him for not killing the little rat...

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Dachshunds were bred to fight badgers s so not surprised, sorry your boy got hurt sometimes a male will just let a female do anything to them.The problem was Magnum had her cornered she thought she was fighting for her life I'm sure.
Rays & Hugs to Magnum hope he heals up quickly.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I say Magnum is a very good boy for not injuring, or snapping the neck of the Dashound.

Those little dogs can be tenacious. My Aunt has 3 and they chase the ***** and skunks out of her yard in Ottawa.
One day the dogs had a skunk cornered under the shed. Uncle Brian tried everything to call the dogs off. It was finally dark when then got a hold of the paws and pulled the dog out. Unfortunatly that dog had black & white stripes.

Kisses for Magnum, hope you are feeling better.

(BTW, I love that name. I wanted to call my next male Magnum, but the big galoot that we rescued doesn't quite have the Cool Regal attitude I would associate with that name. He is more of a doofus.)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I say Magnum is a very good boy for not injuring, or snapping the neck of the Dashound.

Those little dogs can be tenacious. My Aunt has 3 and they chase the ***** and skunks out of her yard in Ottawa.
One day the dogs had a skunk cornered under the shed. Uncle Brian tried everything to call the dogs off. It was finally dark when then got a hold of the paws and pulled the dog out. Unfortunatly that dog had black & white stripes.

Kisses for Magnum, hope you are feeling better.

(BTW, I love that name. I wanted to call my next male Magnum, but the big galoot that we rescued doesn't quite have the Cool Regal attitude I would associate with that name. He is more of a doofus.)
Thanks! My Magnum is bordering on doofus...his nicknames include magnamoose, and gooftard.... But, being a rescue he came with the name and at the time I had doubts he was smart enough to learn a new one... I have learned that even though he is quite the goofball he is very smart and could have picked up on a new name. Still glad I kept his OEM handle.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
What a good boy!!! Flirt was once charged by a chi while we were biking. If she could have figured out how to climb on my lap she would have. I thought the neighbor down the street watching was going to pee his pants laughing. Personally I'd much rther have one be a conflict avoider vs a fighter. Although I wouldn't have been upset had your dog or mine defended themselves. But it makes life easier!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts