Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of you have been following my Journal of a first time breeder thread, and a couple of you have me on facebook so you already know.

But for the rest of you... say hello to my pick puppy, Elsa - Themiscyra's Step Into Your Power (named after her eponymous character's song Show Yourself from Frozen 2, to be specific this part:
Show yourself
Step into your power
Throw yourself
Into something new
)

Dobequest:Dog Pedigree Page

She is 12 weeks old as of yesterday (Born 2020/04/25) and we just started posting.

Looking forward to seeing these ears stand on her own.

How do I even begin to describe this wild child? A few words come to mind: determination, athleticism and love. Lots and lots of love to give. She's mischievous but you cannot stay mad at her because her when she does end up getting in trouble because her impish good nature makes her all too charming. She was the first baby to give me kisses and always seemed to follow me with her gaze even before she could see much of anything, and even if my girlfriend was with her.

As for the athleticism... behold

Add in determination... the hole was maybe 3-4 fingers wide by 2-3 fingers... originally. She somehow managed to jump up and climb through into the kitchen thereby leaving an Elsa-shaped much larger hole. That was a few days before I took the picture so she had actually grown between the time she did this and the time the picture was taken and still I think you can tell it's quite high.

I'm very much looking forward to getting her in the show ring and in the mean time she'll get a head start in IGP... although part of me toys with the idea of getting her into suitwork for Ring... she's got a pushing bite, and from 4 weeks old was grabbing my legs, ankles and feet and I've got scars to prove it! Well, and obviously she wants to do upright palisades :grin2:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahahaaa!! I can laugh at this because 'misery' loves company. Not really misery but I can understand the awe and the oh no of it. :grin2: She's adorable.
Well it's very good company indeed :wink2:

Well, you picked her.

snrk….

You're gonna have fun. :wink2:
I think it's more accurate to say she chose me then left me absolutely no other choice but to pick her back :grin2:

But for all the wild puppy antics she's actually doing really well with her focus and attention work as well as her recall. Today she calmly laid down on the dog bed I set up beside the table where I had my laptop and she was happy to nap there (at times sharing with Nadia). She is being mostly good about only chewing things she's supposed to chew... the biggest danger zone is in relation to food. If she's hungry and thinks there is a chance she will try to get to it. Yesterday she climbed a chair in the blink of an eye that was far too close to the counter with the dog treats.

I have also just given her, her very first Wonder Woman "wings"... as the newest Amazon of Themiscyra!

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Everyone knows I keep only dogs and I sometimes give the girls short shrift but your pick obviously isn't going to allow that to happen.

Besides any puppy that size who can scale a wall that high and ram her busy little self through it is at least the equal of any male I've ever had.

And if that is an ear tip curling out from the top of the post on the one ear--fix that or you'll be kicking yourself when you are trying to keep it from curling when she's really finished with posting but that tip still curls--if nothing else tape the very top over the top of the post to keep it where it is supposed to be.

(said the endless nag about ears and posts)

She's looking good...

dobebug

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,907 Posts
Not Me!...I Didn't Do That!... :2smile:

Artemis, thanks for starting new Elsa Wild Child thread!
I love her innocent face pics. Can't get over how big her paws are already, almost same size as Nadia's!... :2smile:

Curious, I don't recall reading on DT about interaction between a Dam and puppy, when that puppy is kept by breeder. Does Nadia still have any motherly interactions, or just treat Elsa like any other new puppy, an unruly one at that? I know that older canines are generally more tolerant with new puppies ("a puppy pass"), but interested in if any bond remains as puppy grows up with mother?

·
Premium Member
9,058 Posts
Well it's very good company indeed :wink2:

I think it's more accurate to say she chose me then left me absolutely no other choice but to pick her back :grin2:

But for all the wild puppy antics she's actually doing really well with her focus and attention work as well as her recall. Today she calmly laid down on the dog bed I set up beside the table where I had my laptop and she was happy to nap there (at times sharing with Nadia). She is being mostly good about only chewing things she's supposed to chew... the biggest danger zone is in relation to food. If she's hungry and thinks there is a chance she will try to get to it. Yesterday she climbed a chair in the blink of an eye that was far too close to the counter with the dog treats.

I have also just given her, her very first Wonder Woman "wings"... as the newest Amazon of Themiscyra!

To cute Artie ! At first - I thought she had won her first W-W-F Smack Down Title belt LOL

·
Premium Member
9,058 Posts
SD - I like your question to Artie ! good one !

I have one too know , As far as Elsa climbing over things and threw things :grin2: Could any of that be -- Where is Mom at ? I got to get to her ! Since she has been with you since birth ? Just wondering your thoughts . She is a ball of fire - for sure :2smile:

·
joie de vivre
11,205 Posts
Holy $hit she is adorable!!!!!

I love hearing how bold and forward she is. What a fun girl she's going to be to train and work.

I'm glad she lives with you, though. hahahaha

·
Premium Member
8,372 Posts
Have fun with her! she is a hoot!

Reactions: LadyDi and ECIN

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been lazy about sharing her with you all, forgive me!
I can hardly believe Elsa is already 6 months old along with the rest of the babies!

Here are a few photos taken at 4 months

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
... and here at exactly 6 months, taken during the trial my club held 24th-25th of October.
She has since then graduated to a bite pillow (last week) and has been doing superbly. The helpers all love her - and she even did her very first "run out" (ie me sending her off and her chasing the helper around the blind, jumping up to catch/bite the wedge). She's still clumsy at times as a puppy is expected to be but that's part of life and most importantly the helpers love seeing it because she always gets back up right away and tries to bite the wedge again. Our head training helper who's been at it for as long as I've been alive said he adored seeing how determined she is... and her fire when she gets frustrated. She's going to be SO much fun.
Remember when I said I wasn't supposed to keep a puppy :ROFLMAO:? I have not regretted it once! Even if I had to buy a higher pet gate and cannot let her out in the front yard without a lead because she clears our 4 ft raised planter in a single leap.

Little imp ❤

And have you noticed..? There isn't a single picture of us together where I'm not grinning from ear to ear.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

For some reason I'm always amazed at how muscular she is, especially in the shoulder and chest region, even though I shouldn't be with all the climbing and leaping she does. But I do think she got some good genetics from her sire as well.

Baby got pullback!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Who's her sire (for that matter, who's her dam) She sure can tug!

dobebug
Thank you, dobebug! Not only can she tug but she was showing some nice full grips... there were tooth holes in the bite pillow last Saturday.
Her sister that I placed in a novice working home in NC is doing great as well under the guidance of Leslie Carpenter (Treasure Seeker Dobermans) and Chris Rasmussen (v Moeller Hof).

She's my keeper from the Frozen litter so dam is my bitch Nadia ( who's breeding is MBIS CanGCH AmCH Tiburon Demolition Man x CanCh Fabert's Living in Sin) and she is by CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove CA (AKC CH Trotyl de Black Shadow WAC x AKC GCH Mystikos N Kettle Cove Celtic Love CGC LC-11D)
She is linebred 2x4 on Trotyl.

There is a LOT of Lex Luthor if you factor in 8 generations. 9 times, if I'm not mistaken. So she is heavily South American bred. She's pretty much all showlines though aside from Dexter v Frankenhorst imported Mary Rodgers who shows up in the 6th, 7th and 8th and Gravin Onyx v Neerlands Stamm SchH3 in the 8th also through Marienburg breeding.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts