Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Working animal Carnivore Plant Grass Dog breed

Maiya is the only one excited about the coming temperatures and weather. Although Elle seems to be more hot blooded. Maddox goes under the covers and stays all night. Elle goes under for a bit and then usually comes out. I have a coat that will fit her now, but then probably a gap before I have anything else that will work.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Did a little photoshoot today. Didn't get a pic of Elle and Maiya, but do have some of her and Maddox.

She has a little mark on her ear I'm not sure about, so gonna leave the ears down a day and keep an eye on it. Her ears never fell the last time I gave her a break, so don't imagine one day will be an issue.

Head Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal

Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Collar

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Dobermann Collar

Head Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal

Plant Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Dog supply

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
14,228 Posts
I like that crop--it's not all flippy at the ends the way a lot of them seem to be these days. It's a strong crop for a nice looking girl.
I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Not overly long (or if it is really long, it doesn't look it), and no little flippy at the tip. I have to say that I really like Maddox's crop, though.

·
Premium Member
11,404 Posts
I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Not overly long (or if it is really long, it doesn't look it), and no little flippy at the tip. I have to say that I really like Maddox's crop, though.
I like Elle's crop a lot--very well done, fits her to a T and well taylored to her looks. Maddox's (you can tell who is showing her Dobermans) crop is too short, with too much bell for me.

dobebug

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
28,116 Posts
It may just be that you didn't get that forward edge of the ear (the edge that attaches to the top of the head) completely straight when you stuck it to the post--so the tip ended up wrapped around the post just a little.

Her ears are looking pretty darn good though, and I admire her crop whenever I see a pic of her--it fits her so beautifully.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I’m thinking of signing Elle up for a puppy match next month just for the experience. I haven’t done any handling training with her. I only took a few classes with Roxy before Covid hit, so Elle and I might be a hot mess, but I think the socialization will be valuable as, in terms of training, I’ve been doing only private obedience and IGP lessons.

I am also planning on registering for an Intro. to Urban Tracking Seminar to be held in May. I believe we’ll be far enough along in our training that the timing of it will be good.

So excited!!

41 - 60 of 65 Posts