1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
⭐️
ELLE
⭐️
had a fantastic day at Mason City IA KC on Saturday!!! It’s been 14 months since I’ve been able to get in the ring with her, due to the COVID lockdown.
Thank You to Mrs. Donnelle Richards for this wonderful Best of Breed win from the classes, and to Ms. Nikki Riggsbee for the incredible Group 1 award. Many thanks for recognizing our special girl!
ELLE is pictured with her owner handler Marcee Shaughnessy.
***Special thanks to my mentor Dick Sufficool for all of the handling tips
😉

And a huge thank you to all of our friends who stayed to cheer us on until the very end of the show.
❤️

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,505 Posts
Very nice.
I just thought about your user name. Do your bloodlines go back to Top Skipper?

Actually, you don't need to explain--I found where you had been asked that question before:

Thanks for the nice comments.... Yes Steb's Top Skipper was where I got my user name. Believe he was "Sultana's" sire. I have some history there so I thought it was a good name.
I think his brother was Sultanas sire.......dang i am going to have to double check that!

No it was his son, Gunga Din who sired Sultana.
Now--who is Sultana, if I may ask?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice.

Actually, you don't need to explain--I actually found where you had been asked that question before:

[/QUOT
Very nice.

Actually, you don't need to explain--I found where you had been asked that question before:

Sorry bouncing around with the new forum functions.... hahaha

·
Super Moderator
22,033 Posts
Congrats!

Reactions: TopSkipper

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Congratulations on your win and good luck with future shows! I'll be sure and check back here to see how she does.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a small note... my uncle is Dick Sufficool. He sold Sultana to Mary Rodgers back in the day. He used to talk about Top Skipper a lot so I picked that for my user name...
and yes my bad, Gunga Din was Sultana's sire. This is Dick here getting Sultana's first points..... few yrs ago. (7-16-64) hahahaha

·
Premium Member
10,298 Posts
Just a small note... my uncle is Dick Sufficool. He sold Sultana to Mary Rodgers back in the day. He used to talk about Top Skipper a lot so I picked that for my user name...
and yes my bad, Gunga Din was Sultana's sire. This is Dick here getting Sultana's first points..... few yrs ago. (7-16-64) hahahaha

View attachment 138694
I'm older than dirt and probably one of the few that remember your uncle and Sultana of Marienberg (for those that want to look her up in Dobequest) I sure remember Steb's Top Skipper and the dogs behind him. My first Doberman would have been sired by Skippers sire (Dortman Delly's Colonial Jet) if the breeder had had his original choice. Instead he was sired by different Delegate son (Elblac's Zarco.

That's a very nice red bitch (Elle?) What's her registered name? As long as you guys in the east keep having shows (we're still having a lot of them canceled in the Pacific Northwest) she should finish fast).

dobebug

·
Premium Member
8,772 Posts
Big congrats!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm older than dirt and probably one of the few that remember your uncle and Sultan of Marienberg (for those that want to look her up in Dobequest) I sure remember Steb's Top Skipper and the dogs behind him. My first Doberman would have been sired by Skippers sire (Dortman Delly's Colonial Jet) if the breeder had had his original choice. Instead he was sired by different Delegate son (Elblac's Zarco.

That's a very nice red bitch (Elle?) What's her registered name? As long as you guys in the east keep having shows (we're still having a lot of them canceled in the Pacific Northwest) she should finish fast.

dobebug
WOW thats great !! Way back..... There are soo many stories and wonderful dogs. Dick has a had a ton of success in other breeds as well. English Pointers, Whippets, Beagles etc. When I was kid he had the dobes and would drive back from California and show them here in Minnesota. That sealed the deal for me. We've had several over the years and showed a few ourselves. Off and on since early 90's.... I will PM u more info on ELLE...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts