Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elke got a new collar and tag! It has been awhile since I've shared photos of her so I took a couple last night in her new accessories. Plan to take more this weekend - poor girl has been neglected in the photography department.

I am so regal

Yes, the only reason I am staying still so long is I want the bully stick in mom's hand that I am staring at!

e.t.a. Yes, I now see the eye goober that spoils the look. Oh well.

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Pretty girl!
Is that a Dublin collar? Let me know how it holds up...I've been curious about that...a collar that can be wet, never stains, never smells, etc is very appealling and it sure looks fantastic!

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Yes, the collar and tag are from Dublin Dog. I have bought other tags from them before because I like the closure mechanism and they are sturdy. The collar was on sale and it matched the tag (skull & crossbones) so I gave it a try - I like that it has a buckle closure so it is more secure if she pulls on the leash (something we are working on).

They are actually having a great deal through today - if you like them on Facebook, you can get 40% off today! Their prices are not cheap and the stuff is good quality so a 40% discount is really good - not sure if you get the extra 40% on the sale stuff or not.

So far so good on the collar - it actually feels similar to hard rubber. It is recycled materials I think. Very sturdy feeling. The sizing runs a little on the big side - I got her a large (17"-21" - she usually needs a collar for an 18" neck) and it is on the smallest hole.

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
They are actually having a great deal through today - if you like them on Facebook, you can get 40% off today! Their prices are not cheap and the stuff is good quality so a 40% discount is really good - not sure if you get the extra 40% on the sale stuff or not.
HA! Way to entice me. If I buy it now, I will save 40%.:roflmao:

I mean, really, who could walk away from that?!

Reactions: SoCalGirl

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
She looks great!

How interesting the collar is made from hard rubber...I'll be interested to hear how it holds up. I have to hide my girls collars from them when they're not wearing them or else Fiona steals them and prances around until Tali thinks it's the most fascinating toy in the world and she tries to take it from Fiona. *sigh* This is how collars die. So I keep them hanging on a coat rack or in the dog accessory bin.

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She looks great!

How interesting the collar is made from hard rubber...I'll be interested to hear how it holds up. I have to hide my girls collars from them when they're not wearing them or else Fiona steals them and prances around until Tali thinks it's the most fascinating toy in the world and she tries to take it from Fiona. *sigh* This is how collars die. So I keep them hanging on a coat rack or in the dog accessory bin.
It's not actually rubber, just feels that way. Dublin Dog does lots of recycled materials/environmentally friendly stuff so it may be recycled water bottles or something (I can't remember). Supposed to not get smelly no matter what you do to it and easily washable (waterproof)! Since Elke plays hard I thought this way she could have a pretty collar that is also sturdy. Plus it was on sale ;)

I totally can see Fiona prancing around with it. If I take off Elke's collar, she tries to get it back and runs around with it (she loves wearing her collars for some reason) so I keep the extras up on a shelf out of reach.

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, here's what it says:

All-Style, No-Stink.

"Our patent-pending collars are created from a special blend of synthetic polymers that won't absorb moisture, retain dirt, or harbor bacteria. And that's great news since, let's face it, if it's wet, muddy or stinky, your dog will find it. When he does, just rinse the collar under a bit of water and you're ready for the next adventure!"

Here's the link - this collar is called the "Arrrgyle"! Not on sale any more.

https://www.dublindog.com/Dublin-Do...ucts_id=183&osCsid=24e7dopnona381j8mvbrghapn6

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just bought 2 collars. They are not exactly the same and are of course for decorative purposes only. But I did notice that a small jewelers link can be interwined to add security when on leash! Very pretty and they look great on a black fdog.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts