Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Buddy is loosing hair on his elbows I would understand that if he was out on concrete. Buddy spends most of his time indoors we have wall to wall carpet so would not think carpet would cause it. When he is out side he has a Kuranda dog bed on the Patio, does not have the fleece pad on it because he would remove it & eat it.When in his crate he has the 4" dog bed that is tied down to the bottom of the crate. The dog bed in the crate and the Kuranda bed is made out of that Cordura material which is chew resitant but seems a bit rough to the touch???Then has a soft blanket folded to fit in the crate.Buddy also has a hard little spot on one elbow have been trying to wait till the heat is better. I usually take him to where his other Mom (breeder) works as a vet tech she trims his nails once a month.Even though I have air conditioning in my car it was 105* this afternoon with a heat index of 109* just too hot to have a dog in a car even for 20 minutes with the air conditioning on.Hope to go on Friday suppose to be 98* a cool front coming in where is Fall.
Patches Mom

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I think it's the Cordura material that's too hard on his elbows... but if he eats the blankets you could put over, hmmm I don't know what you can do...

Reactions: Patches Mom

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that is what I was thinking also but too scared to put a blanket on his bed on the Patio could not afford to have it removed surgically if he ate it. I keep an eye on him with the blanket in the crate did not want him on the metal pan in the crate. Why do Dobes eat blankets,toys and anything else they can get into their mouths spent all evening stitching up toys again. I can see it when they are teething but we are way past teething stage. I think it is a shame Dobes stay puppies so long know others may disagree with me but I would very much like for my dog to be loose in the house.Looks like I will have to wait a couple of more years for that to come to pass with Buddy.
Patches Mom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts