Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RIP Lexi
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello~
Hope everyone enjoyed labor day weekend...
Just wanted to know if there is anyone who can help me with Lexi's elbows looking very dry, raw, and balding.....
I know I shouldn't let her lie down on hard surfaces, but it's almost impossible. I bring her to work and we have wooden floors same at home. She has multiple beds etc, but I guess she just likes to plop down on the floor
not cold enough maybe....
Her elbows don't seem to bother her, I used skin balm for dogs with aloe occasionally, but was wondering if there is anything for the hair to grow back?
Sounds sort of silly, but any tips would be appreciated~

Also here's a link of a portrait taken from our vacation at Martha's Vineyard*
http://ny.urbanhound.com/yourHound/viewBio.asp?WebID=99768

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess elbows are still have hair...whenever I see some white...I lightly scratch it off...or I brush the back of her legs and there is usually alot of dry skin that comes off on her elbows. I try to keep up with it so they wont go bald. coco has bald elbows and it wont work to just brush the surface...so that would be neat if there is something you can do about it once they are bald.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
yes I forgot to comment on the picture :) she is so pretty on the white sheets! and her ears look great :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey there......read about Lexi and her elbows. My girl Mariah has had a back paw that has been very raw as well. I used Bag Balm, the stuff they use on cow udders, well, it is definitely healing and the hair is growing back. They say it is safe so don't worry about her licking at all. Good Luck!

Also, love the pic in Martha's Vineyard. We just got back from there 2 weeks ago.

·
RIP Lexi
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you so much for the advice~ill be searching for bag balm asap!
i also love that picture~she looks so calm and sweet although in reality she's so mischievous and not at all regal..... : )

·
Banned
675 Posts
Are her ears up like that all the time? I mean, whenever she's alert? If so, the recrop really turned out great. Did Sophia see them after taping was finished? What did she say?

Sorry to be off topic of your question, but her ears just look so different from the first pictures you posted when they were flopping. Were you ever able to get in contact with either Marcia or her Russian breeder?

You can often find Bag Balm at feed stores, since it was originally made for cows, and you can order it thru pet supply houses, and these days probably even pet supply outlets like Petco may carry it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts