Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Husband and I have been lurking around the forums, and he has finally convinced me to post some pics of our baby Eddie. He is currently about 9 months old. I normally blog about Eddie here if you are interested in seeing more: Eddie |

These pics were taken in early November when he was about 7-8 months old. Enjoy!

This past weekend, Eddie told us that he’d like to go the gym and get his workout on. Luckily, we have an inside man to let us in after hours. Eddie had his game face on all the way there.

He did a quick runaround first to check everything out…

Next, he decided to do some romanian deadlifts…

At this point, he was worn out, but he knew he should push through and get a good chest workout on the bench press. No pain, no gain…

A few sets of squats in the power rack were just about all he had left in him…

So he paused for a brief moment to slam a protein shake and refuel…

Then, he headed upstairs with his dad to finish up with some cardio…

He was mighty pleased with himself for completing such a grueling workout. He posed for a pic in true body building dog fashion…

And used every last ounce of energy he had to not fall asleep in the 2 mile ride home…

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Great pics and captions. Eddie looks like he enjoyed his time at the gym! :)

Jan

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
Please be careful with him using the treadmill should not have forced exercise until the growth plates are closed in the joints.Better to wait than maybe ruin his legs for life.Good Luck

·
Registered
756 Posts
Please be careful with him using the treadmill should not have forced exercise until the growth plates are closed in the joints.Better to wait than maybe ruin his legs for life.Good Luck
He's so handsome, thanks for posting !

To Patches Mom: it depends, I started Axl on the threadmill at 3 months old! Not to exercise him, just to get him used to it... Then once the growth plates are closed, he'll be used to it and won't mind it at all. If you're thinking of using it later on, its better to start early, for short periods and at a slow pace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the kind words :)

@ Patches Mom - We were just putting him on there for a photo op... He was there less than 30 seconds, so no worries, but thanks for the concern!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts