Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Came home the other night .. done the usual and went to let harvey out of his kennel. There was a huge pile of sick and what i thought was my knickers! well they were my knickers-actually 3 thongs:eek2: . Im a bugger for getting the washing out of the tumble dryer and leaving it on the sofa before taking upstairs to pack away at night. He must have taken them of the sofa at some point and eaten them. He has always loved to 'kill' a sock when he gets the chance before i whip it away but i have never seen him in the act of eating underwear so he must have been quick.
After the intial shock, tears and guilt at the thought of him being in his kennel choking to death i took him to the vets for an x-ray. All was clear thankfully. I was so mad at myself as he could have died and i have no idea how long they were in his body for but he was in sound health otherwise and didnt show any signs of sickness.

Any one elses dobes or any breed do this~heard an idea it was about a lack of vitamin k in their diet.

What s your thoughst - Any ideas?

thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess will steal socks and underwear...but she will only put a few tooth holes in them...We just try our best to prevent her from getting any socks and underwear...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Dobermans are notorious for eating things they shouldn't. I don't think it has anything to do with a vitamin deficiency.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Socks, under garments, whatever they could find that was not in the dirty laundry hamper. I made it a point to put them in there. They don't mess with those things anymore, but I try not to give them the chance to either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gosh! Lucky Mariah doesn't like that stuff! I might be able to top that one though..........when Mariah was a pup.... she ate my wedding ring and then later pooped it out. The funniest thing was that my ring had never looked better! LOL
Keep stuff up high for now. Good Luck!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
No dobie in their right mind would want to eat MY underwear,Mischa makes a big game of running off with my socks or slippers but that is as far as any of the girls go.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cedric hasn't eaten any clothes that I know of but one of my poodles LOVES clothes, especially my bras! (If she were a person I wouldn't be able to keep her out of the mall!) I've caught her with them a few times (she swipes them from the dirty clothes hamper) and I've taken them away from her, well one time she really chewed one to pieces before I saw her so I threw it away and never even looked at it......about a month later she threw up something really long and I could figure out what it was, it finally dawned on me, it was the strap off of that bra! She had chewed it off and swallowed it and it was in her tummy for that long! She now gets in BIG trouble when she messes with the clothes and I'm extra careful at checking things out when she does have something.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I believe Harvey has a Vitamin K deficiency...but the "K" is for (k)nickers.

Oscar has a Vitamin P deficiency, as he has been known to eat the (p)ockets out of my shorts, whether clean or dirty, if they ever held treats.

·
Registered
602 Posts
When it comes to socks and small underwear (or anything else which may resemble that) Princi will chew and eventually (if not stopped) will swollow it. She has given me the scares many times but always got it out within 24 hours. Now I'm just more careful about leaving things around...........which I should be anyways..lol

Naveen

·
Registered
333 Posts
Most of hubby's underwear and socks have little holes in them. They take the socks and shoes into the living room and sit there with a pathetic look on their face wanting to go for a walk. And this is after they have already gone. TOo funny. I still can't figure out why they want his underwear though!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Bruno does this. I also have a habbit of leaving the wash till last minute to fold. He enjoys taking the panties and socks. Lil bugger! lol.

Many of them have lil holes in them from his teeth. I heard of other dogs doing the same thing. I couldn't imagine tho if he had swallowed any of them =o Glad Harvey is okay :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Gunner likes anything that belongs to me and usually gets them when he thinks i'm not paying enough attention. and he pulls stuff out of the laundry basket and runs around the yard with it lol

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol thanks everyone. in my mums words 'thank god he didnt eat mine else he would have chocked' she wears some big old briget jones style pants :)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Ann said:
Gunner likes anything that belongs to me and usually gets them when he thinks i'm not paying enough attention. and he pulls stuff out of the laundry basket and runs around the yard with it lol
LOL, I am so glad this hasnt happened to me yet. I have had a few socks somehow sneak into the yard, but thankfully no errr.......undergarments.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
No undies here but they sure do love socks. They are such sneaky boogers too, and oh, they love washclothes, given the opportunity they will grab a sock or washcloth and you can just forget it after they have gotten it because they will each grab a part of it and start pulling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts