Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog vomited alot of grass this morning. I dont feed him table food. I feed him puppy food for large breed (Diamond). Last week he vomited alot of food too.

·
Got mutt?
13,654 Posts
How old is your puppy? Has he had his shots? When was the last time a vet either checked a stool sample for worms or dewormed him? How long after eating did he throw up the food last week?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is 7 months old, up to date on all vac. Last vomited 2 or 3 hours after eating. He looks very healthy though and his energy level hasnt changed

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Dogs will eat grass to calm the stomache, some dogs will develop a habit out of it and will not stop eating. There is a member on this board, said her dog is so bad, she needs to be muzzled to go out for potty.

If he is persistent, and vomits frequently, I would ask a vet for an opinion.

My dog likes to think he is a horse, and will eat grass, but not enough to vomit from.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Sounds like an upset tummy to me.. I'd have your vet check him.
Different dogs eat grass for different reasons.. Sofia has eaten it when she is hungry and once when she was really sick. Always check with your vet. he's still a baby and can get dehydrated easily.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
i would probably try a different food.

I have never fed my pups any of the so called puppy foods, they always got the same food as my adults.

when in doubt...............talk to your Vet.

Hugz to Kemba!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I agree with the change of food thing. That's a pretty high octane food and most people have moved their dogs to an Adult food by 7 months. Lots of dobes can't tolerate high protein foods.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
All my dogs eat grass, I tend not to worry too much about it as I reason they are self medicating in a natural way. When we have upset tummy's we reach for the Salts but a dog cannot so they go for what works for them and is available.

If it persists then a visit to a vet might be in order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts