Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 4 month doberman & we are currently taping his ears. Today when we took them down, they are standing but touching each other at the top. What do you suggest we do to correct this problem. Information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
A picture would be nice to give us an idea what they look like, but usually when I've had that problem, I stop using a brace and try to post them at 10 and 2. Then if need be, I'll go back to a brace.

Jan

Reactions: Adara

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
There are posting instructions above in the "stickys" that address pockets, which is what your puppy has. No brace and add the bumpers and the ears will correct. Place bumpers against the head, directly opposite one another.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I don't think their puppy necessarily has pockets...that's kinda why I wanted to see a picture. Below is a picture of Jordan as a youngster and her ears would touch; a lot had to do with the length of her ears and her pulling them over to the point they touched, but there were no pockets. I stopped bracing them and taped them so they tipped outward. I do agree that probably most of the time when they are teepeeing over the head, there are pockets, but there are exceptions to that! :)

Jan

Reactions: Q734 and LindaH

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
You're right Jan, there are exceptions.:) I was addressing the most common reason. Either way, Zephyr's instructions should fix the ears. I love having them up there to refer to, instead of having to write out instructions each time.:) Except, dont use the vet wrap as it continues to tighten after applying and can damage the ears.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
She may have pockets as mentioned above, but not sure how long you have had the down. I've seen some touch like that because the tape that joins the 2 ears and goes across the head was placed wrong or on too long. I take that off once the ears are standing. Leaving it on too long can cause the ears to come together. Just a thought. You could leave them down for a few days and see. It should be correctly easily like this or if necessary like they said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts