Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alice still is missing hair on her nubbin and where her dew claws got removed is this normal? if so when will it grow back

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Probably not, the seam where it was stitched together was probably less than ideal. Either that or the mother licked it and disturbed the suture line. It's not uncommon at all. If it's not bothering her it's nothing to worry about though.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Toby's hair ends abruptly and the end of his nubbin is slightly bald, now this may be due to the fact that I am not entirely certain his tail was docked by a vet or at least one that was any good. It seems to itch him as he constantly nibbles it and asks me to rub it, then when I do he tries to bite my hand as if it is sore. I have had my vet look at it and he says there is not much he can do.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Toby's hair ends abruptly and the end of his nubbin is slightly bald, now this may be due to the fact that I am not entirely certain his tail was docked by a vet or at least one that was any good. It seems to itch him as he constantly nibbles it and asks me to rub it, then when I do he tries to bite my hand as if it is sore. I have had my vet look at it and he says there is not much he can do.
Poor guy, do you have any pictures? There is such a thing as tail dock neuroma.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Where Kyrah's dew claws were the hair has not grown back. Just a small bald spot. On her tail the hair has grown over.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that is sad. i'm sorry toby. luckily alice's doesn't seem to bug her at all. I was just wondering if it would ever grow back its fine with me if it doesn't as long as it doesn't bug her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts