Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! It's been about 12-14 years since I have taped a pups ears. We have a pup now and I am wondering, has anyone used vet wrap to post their pups ears? Anyone have an opinion on this? (Vet wrap is that clingy stuff that sticks to it's self w/out tape like they now wrap on your arm after blood work.) It seems like it is breathable, and so far it seems to be working well on our pup. I tried it because I couldn't get the tape we had to stick well (It may be old?) Also, the vet who did our pups ears told us he feels it isn't necessary to bridge the ears, that the dog should be able to move them. Things have changed since I last raised pups! :) This vet seems to be very knowledgeable about Dobies, and has 2 himself. I'm just wondering what anyone's thoughts are on this. Thanks!
P.S. So glad to be back in Dobie world! :)

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
I never used Vet wrap. I have noticed that many do not recommend it as it can be wrapped too tightly and cut off circulation.

I used a bridge for the first 2 or 3 tapings, then only if a pup had weak ears and needed that extra support.

I always used the zonas porous tape from J&J.

Good luck with your pup and the ears!

Hugz to Panzer!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts