Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My Pinscher is about 8 weeks old and recently got her ears cropped.
Her edges are still healing but looks very painful.
Does anyone know how long it takes for the edges to heal? and what I can do to help her?

Also I am looking for someone in the Toronto area who is familiar with ear taping. I am not too familiar with it and would really appreciate your help.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,068 Posts
I *think* they might be ok. It’s a touch hard to tell on the internet. How long has it been since she had them cropped? Is she shaking her head or trying to scratch at her ears a lot?

Look for signs of unusual swelling--red hard swellings that look different from the rest of the cropped area; opening up of the cut edges--especially if she pulls out her stitches; an unusual smell that could mean an infection; icky discharge--not just scabbing.....

If you really are in doubt, a vet visit would ease your concerns.

Oh, and you probably don’t need the collar--usually pups don’t bother with their ears a lot--and the collar tends push the ears down and rub at them, making them sorer. A lot of times that is what is really bothering the pup. Just watch her carefully when you take the collar off to see if she really is scratching at them too much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
7 to 10 days before they healed so I could start to post. Tape them yourself it's not hard watch the videos on YouTube also I tried using the tape at Walgreens etc. they don't work very well get the zonas tape I get it from our vet best place to find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She got them cropped a little bit over a week ago.
I noticed that she scratches her ears a lot thats why I put a collar on her so she would stop scratching at it.
Should I still take it off?

I saw a lot of Youtube videos on taping but since her edges havent healed yet, its hard to follow those videos
as a lot of tape around the ear. l

1 - 7 of 7 Posts