Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Here is my 15 week old girl after taking her posts down to clean. I have noticed her left ear has rotated a little more parallel to her nose than the right. Is this going to be an issue? Should I pay more attention to stretching the right ear around the pole a little more to try to even them up? thanks! :)

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I see what you mean and am not sure how you'd go about fixing it. Somebody else will know though. She's super cute!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its almost like im not doing a good enough job stretching the right ear cause you can see the edge is a little wavy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well since no one is chiming in i guess i'll just focus on stretching it a little more next time i post. we'll see what that looks like after a few days.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
i wouldnt worry too much at this time about it - the problem i see is the right ear is weaker and the cut may not be completely symmetrical (i think thats an illusion), but its also because her ears need to still be posted - her weak right ear has a wrinkle and it makes the ear be held funny because she cant hold it entirely upright. you're doing a nice job. keep going.

Reactions: Pack_Leader

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks! I just dont want her to look bad based on my account. I think the crops are the same, they just look off inthe pics because its 2d and the ears are actually standing a little different. when would something like this become an issue? I plan to post till she is 6.5 months old.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Yes, you need to stretch the right ear more. Everyone has one side that they do better or worse because of being right-handed or left. You just have to be aware of it and work accordingly, IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts