Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Ear posting/infection on outside of ears

897 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  dobebug 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I just brought home and Doberman puppy a week and a half ago. The breeder showed me how to post the ears and I did them myself and had them posted for a few days. I took them down today bc I noticed my puppy was scratching at his ear a lot and shaking his head. When I took the post off I noticed some open red wounds and brown and red discharge. His ears are fully healed. I’m not sure if maybe I put the tape a little too tight. But I cleaned his ears with hydrogen peroxide and applied a neosporin antibiotic to them. It is just one ear that has a open would in concerned about. Can anyone help me on what to do. Like said I applied some neosporin antibiotic to it and have it air drying to give it time to heal. It is a little inflamed around the site too. Any advice? I have attached some photos so you can get a better idea. The white is the antibiotic I put on it. Thank you!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.