Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Ok here is my thought. There are alot of us who know proper ear care and how to post ears CORRECTLY on the list.

So why not offer a place were owners who are new and NEED help with ear care can come and find a list of people who can and are willing to help them out in their area?

I will be the 1st to to post my name to help others out.

Michelle McGaha
Burlington, KY
Right by Cincinnati Oh.

I have been posting ears for going on 10 years. You can see some of my dogs ears on my website.

Click here for the list of members who can help with ear posting in your area!

Moderator note:
Please DON'T ask for help with your ears in this thread. Look through the posts in this thread and if there's not someone in your area you can contact then create a separate thread. Title your thread "I need someone's help posting ears in ________" for the best feedback.

·
joie de vivre
11,241 Posts
I'd be willing to help people in the Springfield, MO area. I posted Fiona's ears for close to a year. I also have breathe right experience. LOL :)

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I can help people in South/Central Michigan, Northern Indiana, Northern Illinois. I also have experience with several different posting methods and breath right as well.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is great. Thanks everyone!
Can anyone else help?
The more the better!!!

Reactions: Nubis'sDad

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I live in Mechanicsville, Virginia and am willing to help in the surrounding areas.

Melinda Moyer
Mechanicsville (near Richmond)

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
When we get this list compiled, we can add it to the educational archives also.

In addition, if anyone has the inclination, we'd like to get a photo tutorial going in-house for posting technique. If someone is willing, we'd love it. I haven't gotten off my butt to do it, but I forget about it because I'm not actively posting. Maybe someone who is currently posting a puppy could do it? We could do several methods - tampons, backer rod, etc.

I would be willing to help in our area, however there are others around with much more experience. I posted Silas for a very long time using both tampons and backer rod. I also used breathe rights. I'm in Portland, OR.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I only know one method also and only after ears are healed. I'm in Sacramento, CA. I believe there are a few mentors at some of our local and Bay Area Dobe clubs also.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I am in the Edmonton, Alberta, Canada area. Am experienced with several different methods and all stages of the crop.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I can help in central Iowa. I have fairly extensive experience with:

- immediate ear aftercare (i.e. while the ears are still healing and on the cup)
- putting ears back on a cup
- stitch removal
- general posting
- "problem" posting/corrective posting (i.e. fixing pockets, tipped ears etc.)

Examples:

Corrective ear posting - this puppy's ears had severe pockets, ears were folded completely over her head the first time I saw her...

Wrigley! Many of you may remember Wrigley as the puppy who nearly lost her ears to the recklessness of an emergency vet...

Rocket! I started 'em, and Rocket's mom did a fastastic job finishing them!

Did Sooner's ears...

Did Sunny's ears...

I think that's enough examples. Heh, I got carried away. I have more examples but I think people will be able to get the drift.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I can help with posting in North Idaho/Spokane, WA area! Twenty-five years of experience. Can help with freshly cropped, stitch removal, and various stages of posting.

From this...

To this...

Jan

1 - 20 of 121 Posts