Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I know the pictures didn’t come out that well, Rommel kept shaking his head, and the doc had just put another stitch in his left ear....but these are what I got! His ears are still shaved, but what do you think? I am really pleased with them, I think when the stitches come out and the fur grows back they will look good :D When we weighed him today he weighed 60lbs!! I was shocked!

Also, I had the vet do a full Thyroid, Liver, Kidney, Blood...everything panel on him, just to be sure that his bleeding wasnt because of any of those (and for my own piece of mind), and everything came back normal. The only thing not normal was Blood Platelet, It was still in the "normal" range, but it was right on the borderline so he said that it suggests auto immune. So I am going to order the test from VetGen. He also gave me some Vitamin K because I told him I would like to have Rommel neutered within the next few months, so he told me to start giving it to him about 10 days before I bring him in for that, to help his blood clot.

I love this vet, I wish he was closer...he answered a whole page full of questions I brought with me, and made sure that I understood each one. We go see him again next week...anyway....here are the pics :D

·
Banned
675 Posts
He looks like a different dog. I mean that literally. If I didn't know it was your Rommel I would not have guessed it was him. It seems to change the look of his face somehow, and I like it. I can't say much about the look of the ears themselves until the left one is standing too and he grows into them a bit more. Keep taking pictures. :)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well he is back in tape right now until next week when the stitches come out. Thanks guys :D I think he looks totally different too (for like the 5 minutes that I saw him without tape) haha. His ears made his head look small before, now they dont IMO. Don't worry, there will be LOTS more pictures! :)

In fact... Here are some from when we got home today :D
(Don't mind my yard...I am still trying to grow grass, and waiting on them to come rip out a tree....garden soil on the porch....anyway...)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
SOOO HANDSOME! they look great! its nice that you can see their shape even through the tape. yes i agree keep taking pictures:)

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
micdobe said:
He looks like a different dog. I mean that literally. If I didn't know it was your Rommel I would not have guessed it was him. It seems to change the look of his face somehow, and I like it. I can't say much about the look of the ears themselves until the left one is standing too and he grows into them a bit more. Keep taking pictures. :)
I think it's a BIG improvement!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts