Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry it took so long to get these posted....I've been having some computer problems.

I unwrapped his ears last Friday, and the left ear seemed to be doing great, but the right ear tip was still flopped over slightly. So I reposted the right ear after cleaning and whatnot. Hopefully it'll straighten up like the left one...

You can see it in this pic how his left ear is standing perfectly but the right ear tip is flopped over slightly...

Side view...

Attack!

Before I took them down...Sitting tall like a big boy :)

Quick Question...
At what age does a Dobie reach his full size typically?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wow he looks so handsome, and looks like hes gonna be a BIG boy

·
Registered
281 Posts
well its took Harvey just shy of a year to reach near full height ~ he is now just 27 inches at the shoulders..and has been that way for a couple of months , he hasnt had a growth spurt recently and is addig weight instead of using all his energy for growing upwards. I have heard it takes about approx 2 years in all for them to bulk out and reach their full height :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Krys said:
Wow he looks so handsome, and looks like hes gonna be a BIG boy
Thanks :) He's slowly losing that "puppy look" which makes me a little sad though...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sasha has gotten to that point, she looks more like the breeds "reputation" as a guard dog now. with her being a blue and her grey eyes she looks like she is studing you very very intensly all the time and she has started to patrol, especially outside in the back yard at night now...... they grow up so quickly

i remember being able to actually HOLD her now geez.........

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Krys said:
Sasha has gotten to that point, she looks more like the breeds "reputation" as a guard dog now. with her being a blue and her grey eyes she looks like she is studing you very very intensly all the time and she has started to patrol, especially outside in the back yard at night now...... they grow up so quickly

i remember being able to actually HOLD her now geez.........

Awww! I know! I was just thinking a few days ago how when I first got him he'd fall asleep on my chest and I'd carry him sometimes when he'd get tired on walks, and now...goodnes no. Sasha sounds lovely :) I'd love to see pics!

·
Registered
111 Posts
here are my 3

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Krys,
Sasha is gorgeous...I love that bottom pic! The other two are adorable as well! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
you know Gunner, i wasnt to fond of pits til my B/F decided to get Capone. out of all 3 he is the only one that LOVES to cuddle. he doesnt care who you are or what your doing in the house as long as you cuddle with him, and if you dont trust me you get an earful from him as he follows you around and barks and growls at you. he always sounds like hes gonna bite your hand off but that tail is always going faster than anything and once you turn around and talk to him all he does is sit there like "ok so your going to pet me now right?"

·
Registered
111 Posts
Twinkletoes said:
your dogs are gorgeous krys ..i love the colouring of your pit :)

thank you so much, he was the only blue brindle of the litter of 9 and i had never seen one before.

kinda cool cause we have a brindle boxer and a blue dobe so he kinda puts both of them together with his colorings

1 - 15 of 15 Posts