Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy had his ears cropped about six weeks ago. They're starting to stand. Last week I noticed that "dirty sock" smell in his right ear. Also the top part of his ear was a bit swollen and there was some goo from some tape sores on the upper ear. I have been cleaning his ears with Triz Ultra+Keto prior to posting. On Friday I left them unposted all weekend so they could dry out, cleaned them well and used a vinegar/water mix. I have one piece of tape on each ear mid way to keep the ear pulled together and help keep them standing. The smell is gone and there is/has been no discharge that I can see in the canal. However, there is still that "water sound" in his ear if I rub the outer ear, he still tilts his head a bit, keeps his right ear downward and if i press his outer, lower ear there is some discomfort. I have an appt with the Vet today. Just wanted some confirmation from some experts that have done lots of crops and posting ... I take it he has a yeast infection and this is not going to clear up using the vinegar mix or Triz? What's the procedure for posting when there's an infection?

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
No posting if the ear is infected.

Glad you have an appt with the vet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts