Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daisy has a great cut on her ears and i had them posted using the tampons and a thing across the middle on bottom then on top i had a straw taped across because they move inward too much, well, it held for 2 days, and it barely halped, what do u reccomend to post them with and gettin them away from the middle, need help ASAP because there is nothing on them right now

·
Banned
375 Posts
gunner tasneems do that towards the end of her tapings after about 8 days... and i found that as long as they are in all the time it is helping her muscles grow and strengthen but we took them down after two days of the going in which i should have waited a few extra days but... it is okay her ears are doing much better and not going inwards to much... thank goodness... but my vet uses awesome tape that adheres and last 10-12 days then i take it off and they go back after two days and they get it taped again... i used a pvc pipe that was thinner on tasneem earlier when we first started and taped it between just short enough to hold them strait up :D hope that helps...sorry was wierd on telling you how i did it... the first part was this last time.. and when i was takling about pvc pipe that was back when we started and she did that..

forgive me gunner its been a long day

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
man i need to pick up different tape, i had the right kind, then accidentally got the wrong kind so i ran out of the good one and was stuck tonight with the bad one and it wont stick to ****

·
Banned
375 Posts
cool gunner just stay consistant... i was using masking tape from the depot (home depot) and i got the green one because it is for hard to stick surfaces and it works okay... but good luck gunner it will work out

·
Registered
460 Posts
Er..... Did you mean masking tape to tape the ears with? You want a breathable tape like Johnson & Johnson Zonas tape, otherwise you're asking for trouble.

Good luck with her ears Gunner. I know it can be frustrating at times but keep at it and you'll have her ears standing beautifully before you know it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
since her ears are so far to the middle, do u think itd be aight if i took athletic tape and tape them like a taco, but didnt brace them across the middle

·
Banned
675 Posts
Find someone who know the correct way to tape ears and have them show you how to do it. It's very hard to describe in words without pictures, especially since no one here know what her ears really look like.

Many breeders of cropped breeds will help with puppy ears. In fact, for a small fee some of them will tape the ears properly for you. My dog's breeder does it all the time.

In fact, if you don't know of an experienced breeder in your area, if you tell us the area you live in maybe someone can give you a recommendation. It doesn't have to be a Doberman breeder, it could be a breeder of Boxers, Danes, Min Pins, etc.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i live in Jackson TN, ughghghghgh she keeps tearing the right ear tape off, its driving me nuts

·
Registered
273 Posts
There is a set of dog shows in Murfreesboro this weekend here:

Tennessee Livestock Center
Middle Tn State Unv Arena
Animal Sheds Cattle Barn Hog Bldg
Murfreesboro, TN

and the following weekend in Memphis Oct 8 & 9 here:

Show Place Arena
105 South Germantown Pkwy

Go down and see if you can find someone to teach you to post them properly. Like Micdobe said, check the dane, dobe & boxer & minpin ring. Technically, you're not supposed to have an unentered dog on the showgrounds, but as long as you stay low key, chances are nobody will notice. Take your taping supplies and a crate if you have one.

Wait until after they are done showing their breed, though, and they'll be more likely to help you.

I have a couple friends that will be showing dobes at the Memphis shows. If you'll go, I'll tell them to look for you.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Blackdog said:

Murfreesboro, TN

Show Place Arena

Go down and see if you can find someone to teach you to post them properly. Like Micdobe said, check the dane, dobe & boxer & minpin ring. Technically, you're not supposed to have an unentered dog on the showgrounds, but as long as you stay low key, chances are nobody will notice. Take your taping supplies and a crate if you have one.

Wait until after they are done showing their breed, though, and they'll be more likely to help you.

I have a couple friends that will be showing dobes at the Memphis shows. If you'll go, I'll tell them to look for you.
Great info! I think that will be his best bet.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Blackdog said:

Murfreesboro, TN

Show Place Arena

k i appreciate it, ill see if i can make it, its about an 80 mile drive

1 - 18 of 18 Posts