Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Dobe has one ear that curls inward when he alerts. I had a dobe decades ago that had a tiny piece of plastic placed in the ear to hold it up. Has anyone else had this done? Wondering about the cost to do this today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
73A7BBBD-DC76-4358-BFAE-36ED5E5CAB16.jpeg

My Dobe has one ear that curls inward when he alerts. I had a dobe decades ago that had a tiny piece of plastic placed in the ear to hold it up. Has anyone else had this done? Wondering about the cost to do this today.
Dr Bachues nor Dr Shaefer do those procedures that I’m aware. It’s a stitch or. Two on top head n pulls up ear.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Pretty nice crop--but Ann Platt was a good vet to learn from--her crops were always beautiful. And they still are but I think she doesn't do much cropping any more.

Leavelt? I know a couple of companies who make inserts that purport to cure problems with ears--I do NOT recommend any of them --dogs often react to the inserts and they then have to be removed--makes a lot of scar tissue and I have yet to see them solve a problem that couldn't be cured with remedial posting.

And there are a few vets around do remedial fixes--surgical and the closest thing to the plastic insert that was used would be the stringing used for ears that did not stand. Never stood and it works and occasionly it works so well the the strings used can actually be removed.

dobebug

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty nice crop--but Ann Platt was a good vet to learn from--her crops were always beautiful. And they still are but I think she doesn't do much cropping any more.

Leavelt? I know a couple of companies who make inserts that purport to cure problems with ears--I do NOT recommend any of them --dogs often react to the inserts and they then have to be removed--makes a lot of scar tissue and I have yet to see them solve a problem that couldn't be cured with remedial posting.

And there are a few vets around do remedial fixes--surgical and the closest thing to the plastic insert that was used would be the stringing used for ears that did not stand. Never stood and it works and occasionly it works so well the the strings used can actually be removed.

dobebug
Not sure. My ears always stand butnive seen two she did. It’s stitches on the head. Not anything I’ve seen before. No implants n no stringing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure. My ears always stand but I’ve seen two she did. It’s stitches on the head. Not anything I’ve seen before. No implants n no stringing. She recropped the two as the ears were big bells n trimmed not cropped. I say that meaning the were heavy ears without the cartridge out. Redoing them helped too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts