Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i was reading up on ear cropping and i would like to take my baby tucker in for his ears to be cropped and we are going to use Staples in London, does anyone have pictures of their dogs who got their ears done from there.. Also what crop size should i get for him?

·
Registered
939 Posts
A cropping artist wont let you choose the shape or size of your crop- they will do the style/length of crop that best accentuates your pup's head.

I have heard that Dr. Staples is very good, though!

·
Registered
74 Posts
A cropping artist wont let you choose the shape or size of your crop- they will do the style/length of crop that best accentuates your pup's head. QUOTE]

I am not trying to attack you, but I really don't get it when people make similar comments. A cropper can make recommendations, but it's not their puppy/dog to decide how it should be. If I trust their judgment, that's something else, but again, they don't live with the dog for (hopefully) 10+ years.

Dr. Staples took care of my Esa. She has medium crop. Attached are some pictures.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
A professional cropper is an artist and will know what crop will compliment your dogs head once grown, but you should be able to request a medium crop if wanted. I doubt if you could get shorter than medium, but dont really know. You better know if you like your chosen croppers style BEFORE you turn your pup over to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts