Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my puppy looking for a recommended vet to crop the ears in the area. If anyone knows a reputable vet please let me know.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Have you talked to your breeder about this? Reputable breeders make sure their puppies are cropped before they go to their new homes.

I would recommend a vet, but the closest I know of is in Georgia- looks like about 10 hours from you. Sorry.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Most of the show people in Florida use Dr. Leigh McBride to do their ear cropping, she's also a doberman breeder. I believe she's in Wildwood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your puppy is 3 weeks old?..
Yes me and the wife put a deposit. Local breeders, she is 3 weeks old expected pick up and of October. They have a vet who will crop them, but I figured it would be worth talking to some people on here who might have used someone already. I'm just overly nervous I want them to be done correctly and not to have any issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don't trust your breeder to have the pup's ears done correctly then maybe you should find a breeder that you do trust.

No i trust the breeders 100% the puppies parents ears are perfect. It's just me being over cautious. I will go with the breeders recommendation just wanted to see if someone else had a recommended vet that's all.

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Most of the show people in Florida use Dr. Leigh McBride to do their ear cropping, she's also a doberman breeder. I believe she's in Wildwood.

I would trust what Murreydobe is recommending.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts