Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey soto is getting her ears done in about a week or so and i just wanted to know if there was any preperation that should be done?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Get some Neo-Sporin ointment. I used the Neo-Sporin+Pain formula with my pup.

Your Vet will let you know what else to do, like not feeding your pup or giving her water the night before, etc.

You'll have a week or so after her ears are done to round up your posting supplies, and your Vet should let you know what you'll need.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Get some Neo-Sporin ointment. I used the Neo-Sporin+Pain formula with my pup.

Your Vet will let you know what else to do, like not feeding your pup or giving her water the night before, etc.

You'll have a week or so after her ears are done to round up your posting supplies, and your Vet should let you know what you'll need.
The vet that did Dozer's ears retaped them over the entire time every 10 days with less than 12 hours "downtime" but his ears were finished by the time he was almost 4 months old. After the surgery his ears were taped to his head so that we could properly apply antibiotic ointment to the parts of his ear that had been cut. After 7 days and a healed cut they were taped for a few days, and then a few days after that and then he went onto the 10 day schedule. I tried not to let Dozer play too roughly with other pups because of the ear and potential damage.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
The vet should help you with what to do after the crop usually with go home instructions and what to put on them. Who do you have doing them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts