Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay well im in the search for ear cropping around edmonton and i'm will to go to calgary if i have to.

I have a few places in mind ,
Uncas vet
Greenbank vet
Bridlewood vet

My first choice was greenbank cause the lady told me the vet had be doing it for more then 20 years so im sure that he's got an artist touch but the only problem about it is , There cut off date is 8 week , my pup is 8 weeks 5 days
what a disappointment :(:(:(

Uncas was my second but there lady has no picture and the other guy doesn't do it anymore so the person there has only 6 MONTHS experience so i don't really trust that .

Bridlewood might be the best choice , There person has been doing it for more then 15 year but its a 3 hour drive from where i am .

You Think there's anything i can do to convince the lady at greenbank to change her mind crop my dobie ears ? or you think a 3 hour drive is the only way (price doesnt matter)

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I woudln't go to any vet without references AND pictures and I don't care how long they've been doing it. It isn't how long they've been doing it to me that matters as much as how WELL they do it. I think my regular vet is better than any other vet alive :D but dear Lord I'd NEVER let her touch ears! And she does crop pet dogs and has been for 30 years or so.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
No, you will not change Anne's mind, she is very firm on her rules for ear cropping. Calgary Holistic Vet clinic - Dr. Qi is your best bet by far. Driving a few hours is the least of your worries, the drive is well worth the time and effort.

Reactions: EmilyB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats the pricing and im going to a medium crop , im not a fan of the short crop or show one . want the best of both worlds
and whats the cut off day , my pup is almost 8 weeks 6 days

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
That's fine, they can do a nice ear for you there with the length you like. Just call in to the clinic and talk to Helen, she will advise you on pricing and their age limits. Don't waste time doing it though, right now wherever you go time is going to become a factor.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
While I have a lot of issues with Calgary Holistic Vet, he is the guy to do ears around here I guess, but from my experience, he has always had Susan Hughes (Witness Dobermans) in the room with him. Does he do his work beyond this? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts