Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section. I have a doberman puppy named Kronos who is just about to turn 8 weeks old. His ears were not cropped by the breeder, so I need to get them done now. I have been calling around all day trying to find someone in the Portland, OR area who will do the job, but I'm coming up empty. Does anyone here know of a vet they can recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I used that very list on DPCA. I called and e-mailed almost every breeder in Oregon and Washington, but no answer by phone, and no responses to e-mails yet.

Oh, and it's good to see another Pokemon fan, heheh.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Yes, most of those breeders are quite busy (family, job, dogs, dog shows). It took me forever to get in contact with my boy's breeder.

I'm in Texas so I can't really help. I know some of the breeders go to a cropper in Canada. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about the area will have a suggestion or two.
Gengar foreverrrrrr!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
your location says Ridgefield, WA. Is this where you live? If so I know of a couple vets that artistically crop.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got Rogue's ears done at the Crossroads Vet in Sherwood, OR which as I'm sure you know is only about 20 minutes outside of Portland. It was a little expensive but since it's for your Dobe it's easily worth it since the vet who does them is very professional. You and your pup go in for an orientation and he'll show you a scrap book of a bunch of ear croppings he's done, then ask you which ones you like and what you're looking for. Though you can give him an idea of what you want he also will tell you what he feels will look best on your pup and stand the best. Personally I am very happy with how he did my girl's ears and oddly enough they stood in only about 4 months of posting.

Crossroads Vet

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
If ear cropping was important to you, perhaps next time purchase from a reputable breeder as they handle ear cropping for their puppy buyers*.

Many of the show breeders in that area travel to Dr. Douglas in BC. There's been a few recommendations, on other threads, for Dr. Kent Smith in Sherwood Oregon.

**reputable working breeders excluded from the above comment as many good working breeders leave pups natural**

·
Registered
55 Posts
:)Thank you. I am a newbie here as well. It is hard to find clinics here in the Portland area who still crop ears. I have called a quite a few places and they are "opposed to the procedure when done solely for cosmetic purposes." is what I was told. Though I do not have my little one yet, when the time comes it is very nice to have a name of a vet, and pictures of your beautiful dog showing the results. If my new pup needs them done I will call Dr. Smith first. I look forward to reading more of your posts and reading helpful advice.
I got Rogue's ears done at the Crossroads Vet in Sherwood, OR which as I'm sure you know is only about 20 minutes outside of Portland. It was a little expensive but since it's for your Dobe it's easily worth it since the vet who does them is very professional. You and your pup go in for an orientation and he'll show you a scrap book of a bunch of ear croppings he's done, then ask you which ones you like and what you're looking for. Though you can give him an idea of what you want he also will tell you what he feels will look best on your pup and stand the best. Personally I am very happy with how he did my girl's ears and oddly enough they stood in only about 4 months of posting.

Crossroads Vet

·
Got mutt?
13,824 Posts
Short of sending the OP a private message, I doubt you'll get an answer. They haven't been on DT since 8-2-12.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts