Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 8 week old doberman puppy. I wanted to know if any of you had an recommendations on where I should take him to get his ears cropped at. I tried to book an appointment with Dr. Jezbera but he is fully booked until August, by that time my puppy will be too old. Any advice would be highly appreciated, thank you !!!:2smile:

·
Premium Member
9,955 Posts
Hello, I have an 8 week old doberman puppy. I wanted to know if any of you had an recommendations on where I should take him to get his ears cropped at. I tried to book an appointment with Dr. Jezbera but he is fully booked until August, by that time my puppy will be too old. Any advice would be highly appreciated, thank you !!!:2smile:
It's not in eastern Washington but if you were trying to get an appointment with Dr Jezbera (who is in SoCal) northwestern Washington state is a lot closer.

Dr Peterson in or near Granite Falls, Washington does good Dobe crops--I don't have her contact number but her vet tech is Kim Owen (Ravensown Dobermans) and you can reach Kim at [email protected] (or get her phone number from the DPCA.org--members list.

There isn't anyone in or around the Inland Empire area that actually does good Dobe crops--there are a couple who evidently do some pretty bad ones though. There used to be a vet who did decent Dobe crops (his specialty was actually Great Danes) but the last time someone was asking about a cropper in the Spokane area they were told he was not cropping any more.

I have no idea of cost--the breeder of my most recent puppy was cropped by Dr. Peterson--show crop pretty well done and I have been having show crops on my show prospects done for over 50 years so I don't recommend any place that I don't know for sure that does decent crops.

The breeders I know in eastern Washington and Idaho either are now going to Dr. Peterson or to Dr. Pew in Utah--he does excellent crops and has been doing them for years now.

Good luck...

PS Ooops, I forgot. In Pasadena, California at the Rose City Vet Clinic there is a vet who was trained by Dr. LaBounty who recently retired but who did show crops for many years (SanFernando Valley/near LA). I've seen and helped a man with ears whose puppy was cropped there and that's another possibility--it was a very decent crop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts