Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
A puppy from a reputable breeder will come with their ears cropped and the first posting done for you. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My boyfriend is buying him from a breeder he found on Kijiji.. and he recommended that we go to Uncas, we were just looking for opinions and seeing if there were maybe better vets to go to.

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Uncas is a good vet. Not sure if the actual doctor that usually does the crops is currently practising as she is very ill. The other vet in the are that does crops is Dr Greenbank.
As a side note...... Were you able to get any documentation of health testing from the breeder? Are any of the parents titled in any venue? Will the puppy be papered?

Even if you're "just looking for a pet" PLEEEASE be very careful! I have personally had experience with purchasing a dog from someone who did not health test and lost my beloved baby at 7 years of age to DCM. I know that there are no guarantees, but there are alot of reputable breeders out there that will have at least done the health testing. If you like you can certainly PM me....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts