Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Lei and My puppy is almost 11 wks old. He had his ears cropped 5 days ago and im just concerned about the appearance. I couldnt find any good pics of the suture lines so is it really supposed to look like this? I took him to Dr. Zarilli in Irvine, CA. He seems to be a happy puppy but when cleaning the ears last night, there was some bleeding. But today it looks better than it did yesterday. Havent had a pet since i was a child so im just making sure he gets the best care!

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    81.9 KB Views: 679
  • 81.9 KB Views: 1,392
  • 66.7 KB Views: 576

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
I'm far from an expert in ear cropping, but they look like Java's did about five days out, and his healed nicely.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Normal

Its alway shocking for people to see this for the first time. It looks totally normal to me. In a week, it won't look like this at all.

Sometimes I am afraid to give someone their puppy until the stiches have come out, because it always seems to throw them.

You are having a normal reaction. And, your puppy looks normal.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I agree with the rest...everything looks good and perfectly normal!

Jan

Reactions: King Leonitis

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It does, thank you. I spent weeks before we got him researching dobermans. I had one with health problems while living on my own when i was 14. I could hardly take care of myself much less a dog. But his owner was an old man and died and they were gonna put him down if someone didnt adopt him. So I took the sweetheart. (I liked to hang out at vets offices and pounds lol.) He died 2 years later and i was alone again. So this is my second chance, starting from scratch and looking forward to many years with my sweet Leo!

What about nuetering?? I know its recommended but does it change a dogs behavior? and should i do it right away or wait til he gets some first?

Ok, dumb question i guess LOL, i didnt mean i wanted him to knock a bitch up. just wondered if dogs should be able to mate atleast once before getting cut? someone said they are more aggresive not being neutered, and that they calm down afterwards?? not very educated on this subject i admit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts