Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have my Dobies ears cropped; they look great when he is paying attention to me. But when he is just walking around they are flopped down. The breeder that cropped them also did the tapings and said that is normal, that the ears are not always standing up. Is that correct? I thought the ears would stand up all the time.

:punk:

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh no.. Raven some times has her ears up and some times not.. It depends on her mood... is he holding them up to listen and when he is alert? If so then I would not worry... We do need photos!!! I bet he looks so great now.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
like lexus said, are you talking about that sometimes his ears just fold over in half ---

no, a cropped dog will not have erect ears all the time - when they are resting, the ears will fold back against the head. only when the dog is actively lifting the ear will it stand.

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Takiras ears only stand when she is at attention or alerted to something. If she is just laying around or playing with a toy they usually point back and lay down a little bit. But we need pictures. :D

TD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts