Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey a co-worker of my sisters just got a new puppy and is trying to find a good vet to do the ear crop nearby. Does anyone have a suggestion? I don't think she has ever had a dobie before and is a bit lost as far as this goes.
Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will recommend it. Do you know of one closer to OKC? Not sure how far they are willing to go (I don't really know her just told my sis I would ask about it).

·
Registered
939 Posts
Thanks I will recommend it. Do you know of one closer to OKC? Not sure how far they are willing to go (I don't really know her just told my sis I would ask about it).
I'm sure there are vets closer who might do it, but cropping requires finesse- its not just a cut here and a cut there, especially with a doberman crop. If she wants her dog's ears to look good, going to a reputable cropper who knows how to crop dobermans is necessary. I would also refer her to the posting directions here too. A great crop isn't much if you don't post it right and you end up with the ears not standing at all.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure there are vets closer who might do it, but cropping requires finesse- its not just a cut here and a cut there, especially with a doberman crop. If she wants her dog's ears to look good, going to a reputable cropper who knows how to crop dobermans is necessary. I would also refer her to the posting directions here too. A great crop isn't much if you don't post it right and you end up with the ears not standing at all.
Ya if she isn't willing to travel for a good crop vet I am just going to recommend she keep them natural but there is only so much I can do since I don't know this person and never see them. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't someone closer that I could recommend. Told my sis to have her get on here and look at the posting instructions once it gets done :)

Thanks for the other recommendation Millerdobes! I will tell her about the one in Tusla and the one you mentioned as well!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Dr. Wyatt could do a crop in Oklahoma City. They own dobermans and will do a decent job for your friend. He helped post one of our pups. Picture of his crops on this link.

Oklahoma Veterinary - Northwest Animal Hospital - Affordable Veterinary Care - Oklahoma City, OKC

Having the vet local is a big plus to teach her how to post and sometimes it's included. I believe the Wyatt's showed dogs and use to be members of the doberman club here, may still be. I'd recommend them from the pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dr. Wyatt could do a crop in Oklahoma City. They own dobermans and will do a decent job for your friend. He helped post one of our pups. Picture of his crops on this link.

Oklahoma Veterinary - Northwest Animal Hospital - Affordable Veterinary Care - Oklahoma City, OKC

Having the vet local is a big plus to teach her how to post and sometimes it's included. I believe the Wyatt's showed dogs and use to be members of the doberman club here, may still be. I'd recommend them from the pictures.
I am the webmaster for Northwest Animal Hospital and represent Dr. Wyatt. Thank you for the recommendation! :D
Come visit our Ear Cropping Page to see more pictures! You can use the contact form to reach out to us or simply call 1-405-789-3644 :nicejob:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts