Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
first taping with cup 10 days 2 weeks ok.retaped for about 6 days 1 ear came down so let it air 2 or 3 days,then went back for retape.after 3 days saw signs of allergic reaction so vet took them down shot oh antihestimine some antibiotics yesterday.ears look alot better to day allergy really settling down. vet says see in 4 or 5 days,but probably wont retape because of reactions.
Ears standing great at the moment but sure they ill fall.
are there any options for reposting if they fall.This pup is 14 wks old.

·
Got mutt?
13,828 Posts
Let them heal, then you can try reposting with a different tape.

·
Premium Member
10,177 Posts
Let them heal, then you can try reposting with a different tape.
Ditto to this. Several tape manufacturers make hypoallergenic tapes. 3M makes one that I used on a puppy who was sensitive to the most commonly used Johnson & Johnson, low tack, breathable tapes. Worked pretty well--at least the puppy didn't react to it--but it's a paper tape and doesn't conform as well and because it's not breathable the wraps had to be changed every three days.

You might get lucky--the ears might stay up--I've had a couple of dogs with very long show crops who were only posted once or twice and whose ears stood and never fell. I think you'll probably just have to play it by ear (bad pun intended).

·
Sashagirl
119 Posts
Ditto to this. Several tape manufacturers make hypoallergenic tapes. 3M makes one that I used on a puppy who was sensitive to the most commonly used Johnson & Johnson, low tack, breathable tapes. Worked pretty well--at least the puppy didn't react to it--but it's a paper tape and doesn't conform as well and because it's not breathable the wraps had to be changed every three days.

You might get lucky--the ears might stay up--I've had a couple of dogs with very long show crops who were only posted once or twice and whose ears stood and never fell. I think you'll probably just have to play it by ear (bad pun intended).
I second this, Sasha actually had a bad reaction to tape when she was a pup so I grabbed some Coban from the hospital I worked at. You can buy Coban online or any medical supply store

1 - 4 of 4 Posts