Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was looking for a place to get my dobermans ear cropped? If you could post pictures that would be great too?

·
Got mutt?
13,774 Posts
SA? Does that mean South America?

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,272 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
Lol yea sorry first time using a forum. Yes SAN ANTONIO TX
My knowledge of Texas geography is so sketchy...there is a very good cropping vet in Katy, Texas--and I can't even think of her name but hopefully someone reads this and can come up with it--don't have a clue if Katy is anywhere near San Antonio though.

·
Got mutt?
13,774 Posts
Katy and San Antonio are several hours apart. The vet is Dr. Crouch. There is another vet, Dr. Schaffer, in Frisco (Dallas area). It would be worth the drive to have either of them do your pup’s ears. Alternatively, you could just leave them natural.

Reactions: dobebug

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I could have sworn that I replied to this, Darn! Where did my comment go? Dr Larry Wood is good. He did Moose. He’s been doing Doberman ears since 1974 or 1976 can’t remember but he handles everything from the surgery to all of the postings until they are standing. The deal with the postings is he only posts Monday and Thursday; you must drop the puppy off between 7:30-8:30 and then they call you when he’s done. Sometimes it’s an hour and sometimes it’s 4 hrs. You never know and it depends on what surgeries he has scheduled. It’s around 400.00 so really fair if you ask me. I am happy to talk to you on the phone or email just shoot me a message. I might be too late replying to this so sorry. Also, Katy is only 2hrs and 30min away. Frisco would be 4-5 hrs. Do not go to anyone else in San Antonio besides Dr Wood.... he will do the puppy anywhere from 7-15 weeks I think... there was one vet I spoke to on Perrin beitel that said they won’t even do them until they are at least 15 weeks old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I could have sworn that I replied to this, Darn! Where did my comment go? Dr Larry Wood is good. He did Moose. He’s been doing Doberman ears since 1974 or 1976 can’t remember but he handles everything from the surgery to all of the postings until they are standing. The deal with the postings is he only posts Monday and Thursday; you must drop the puppy off between 7:30-8:30 and then they call you when he’s done. Sometimes it’s an hour and sometimes it’s 4 hrs. You never know and it depends on what surgeries he has scheduled. It’s around 400.00 so really fair if you ask me. I am happy to talk to you on the phone or email just shoot me a message. I might be too late replying to this so sorry. Also, Katy is only 2hrs and 30min away. Frisco would be 4-5 hrs. Do not go to anyone else in San Antonio besides Dr Wood.... he will do the puppy anywhere from 7-15 weeks I think... there was one vet I spoke to on Perrin beitel that said they won’t even do them until they are at least 15 weeks old.

FYI - Dr Wood’s office is $950 vs the $400 shown above. Not sure if it’s just evolved to that cost over 3 years, but certainly a heftier price tag than previously quoted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts