Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. I don’t know if my girl’s ear is infected. I emailed the vet the first pic and he says it’s looking ok. I feel like it’s infected but I’m just not sure. The first pic was from yesterday morning, second pic was from last night, and last pic is from right now.

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
I don't think the ear looks infected but I'd be more concerned about the fact that it looks like the sutures in the very base may be pulling loose. I've seen a lot of puppies where this has happened and while it isn't a full blown disaster I would point this out (via picture to the cropping vet) and ask what they think.

How long ago was she cropped? From the sutures in the upper part of the ear (the pinna) it looks like she might be four or five day post crop? If so it doesn't look particularly unusual as far as healing goes.

Infections smell--if there is not particular odor to the ear nor any evidence of yellow, pussey looking discharge there probably isn't an infection.

But take a shot of the very base and send that--while it doesn't look infected (to me) it does look like it may need some attention.

dobebug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think the ear looks infected but I'd be more concerned about the fact that it looks like the sutures in the very base may be pulling loose. I've seen a lot of puppies where this has happened and while it isn't a full blown disaster I would point this out (via picture to the cropping vet) and ask what they think.

How long ago was she cropped? From the sutures in the upper part of the ear (the pinna) it looks like she might be four or five day post crop? If so it doesn't look particularly unusual as far as healing goes.

Infections smell--if there is not particular odor to the ear nor any evidence of yellow, pussey looking discharge there probably isn't an infection.

But take a shot of the very base and send that--while it doesn't look infected (to me) it does look like it may need some attention.

dobebug
Thank you! I did take her to the vet this morning because her suture did rip. Front desk lady said it shouldn’t be too bad because she has seen a lot worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts