Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my puppy honey back from the vet after getting hers crop the ysaid she had to wear this e collar for 10 days but my concern Is she keeps scrapping against the floors and walls and keep thinking she s gonna hurt ears

·
Registered
85 Posts
She is so cute!!!! Jakeup had to wear one also; he was trying to stratch his ears alot; hopefully she will be fine after the 10 days...Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Who did the ears? I've never seen anything like that contraption BUT mine have all been cropped before I got them also.

Reactions: sam&macksmom

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
That's some contraption on her head. I hope the ear edges aren't bandaged. ??

Never had to use an eliz collar when posting ears.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks
I guess I was just wondering wether to leave that collar on our not because I seen other puppy not wear it, I got her ears done with Dr nave in Las Vegas

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Sometimes the e-collar is over kill. She'll learn to manuver around stuff. You could take it off when she occupied doing other stuff and put it back on at night.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sometimes the e-collar is over kill. She'll learn to manuver around stuff. You could take it off when she occupied doing other stuff and put it back on at night.
yea it looks like she got somewhat got use to it and doesnt bother her as much any more

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok i'm wondering if it will affect anything if she doesn't have that rack on because it came of one ear and leaning side ways toward the other east I tried putting it back on but she keeps shaking it loose im just worried her ears won't stand straight now

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Lots of ears just hang till the stitches come out. THEN, the posting process gets started. You're doing fine.

·
dobie fanatic
149 Posts
Never used a collar either I think your vet just wants some added protection against puppy pawing. If you choose to take it off just keep an eye on her and if she starts pawing at it redirect her and get her attention on something else. She will leave them alone soon. That pic is amazing watch out for them eye she will make you do her bidding if you stare into them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok cool thanks guys for your help, this my first time having a doberman and im going based what I read, now she got her stitches out today and they told me to bring her back in 3 days to begin tapping the ears so its okay to let the ears down i'm asking because Ive seen people say we shouldn't let the ears down to long

·
Registered
726 Posts
We had a similar set up. Worked just fine for us. I was told I could take the e-collar off after 2-3 days, but she would try to scratch so I left it on. It was quite flexible and didn't really bother her.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts