Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,871 Posts
Electronic fences are tricky with dobermans--they tend to dash after things and are so fast and so tough that they get past the fence line before they even notice the shock or warning buzzer. Then it is hard for them to get back in. The fences will also not keep out people or stray animals. For these reasons a lot of folks don't recommend electronic fences for dobes.

To some extent, it will depend on your particular dog whether an electronic fence is successful or not.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have a eletronic fence around my propery because my land is very rocky and uneven. Putting up a regular fence would be almost impossible. But IF I had a choice I would go with a regular fence. I don't live in a subdivision....where children and dogs/cats roam....I would NOT advise for this type of fence there. I have had 3 dobies with this set up and it has been fine, but I do a lot of training before I set them free. And I mean a lot of training. I check on the constantly. I am planning to move in the next year or so....I will be moving to a place that I can have a real fence. Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts