Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's Duncan at 13 wks in between postings. The first is when we take them off, the second when he decides to perk them up. It looks about the same when we take them off to repost now at 15 wks, so we aren't even close I don't think! We repost about every week and they stay down a max of about 20min. Sigh, wish it could go more quickly.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Yes, the wait sucks. I decided not to even worry about Dreizehn's ears until he turned 6 months. I think that doing it that way took away some of the "are they standing yet" stress every reposting. Still, it felt like forever!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
The postings will get easier and believe me, the final result is worth it in the end! :)

Jan

Reactions: blueberry

·
dobie fanatic
149 Posts
yeah the wait sucks but keep posting the second picture looks really good. He has a beautiful crop and is a great looking dobie.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Pretty crop and I'm not sure if it's the angle but it sure looks like there is a pocket forming in the left ear.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whiskey- yes I wonder about that too. Not having posted before, I've been looking on this site to try and understand what that looks like. I can't really tell, or don't know what I'm looking at definitively. We call his left ear his "drunk ear" it seems to flop over worse than the other. We've been doing the grant taping method. I like it because it's pretty industrial strength during play-but may switch to the method posted in this forum-I think the bumper may help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's another photo different angle- only other one I have where you can see the left. Not a good angle, but if anyone has opinion on whether there's a pocket I'll take it, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
Make sure you are really stretching the ear up tight - that will help. You'll want to be sure the posts are longer than the tips of the ears. I would not leave the ears down any longer than it takes to clean them and let them dry.

If you need help there are lots of people locally that would be willing to give you a hand.

He has a nice crop!

Reactions: blueberry

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
After seeing that second pic I'd definitely say there is a pocket forming. Try using a bumper to pop out that spot at the bottom of the ear and as MeadowCat said make sure you're really stretching that ear up. That really is a nice crop :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Updated photo of Duncan's ears. We are still posting- kind of thought after changing posts last time that we might get away with breathe rights to finish it out, but once we changed this time decided to give it another couple of weeks. Bases look pretty good, but the crop is long and we've come this far. He's 6.5 mo. Thanks for the tips on the pocket, we used a bumper and I think it helped.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
Updated photo of Duncan's ears. We are still posting- kind of thought after changing posts last time that we might get away with breathe rights to finish it out, but once we changed this time decided to give it another couple of weeks. Bases look pretty good, but the crop is long and we've come this far. He's 6.5 mo. Thanks for the tips on the pocket, we used a bumper and I think it helped.
He's looking great! Keep up the good work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts