Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if any of you have noticed but under my profile there is now a dogs name (alpha)

I woke up on the 30th december to find a pup dumped outside my door , shivering and wimpering. she was in a terrible state (looks like she has had some kind of skin condition) her fur was ok on the top but in patches around her bottom area and lower half of her body.
I took her in, she seemed nervous and i could see her ribs poking through her skin:sadcry:
I immediately took her to the vet, and had her checked over. She is borderline malnourished (not any more ) and near took my hand off trying to eat the Beta complete food i bought for her. To say i was shocked is an understatement, how can anyone do that to a poor pup. the vet estimated her age btw as we dont really know her true age
her tail is a bit of a botch job (a mess) and i can see dried blood where she was crudely docked.
So for now im the owner of a rescue dobe, so have had to cancel my show pup (i cant afford 2 dobes just yet as im in the middle of moving)
She has made me laugh so much over the last week with her antics, (tho all my clothes are now on high out of her way lol)
she will only fall asleep on my lap (oh dear ) but i think thats just a comfort thing for now, she will not sleep in her dog bed, she will whine and wimper, but shes going to have to learn lol. I really dont think my knees could take a full grown dobe on them, despite me only being 38.

I just thought id introduce her to you and will try to put some pics up when shes more settled.
I hope whoever dumped her never has a stress free time again, sorry but im a tiny bit angry.
regards
anita and alpha

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Good for you for taking in such a great dobe. One in need and needed your help! Some people can be so stupid at times. Just because they get an animal and it grows up or cost to much or whatever it is they dump them. Why? I don't get it.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Thank the Good Lord above that there are people like you on this earth that came about animals and will take the time to love and care for them.
When we got Iris.. I was looking for a Red, Fawn, or Blue female, I had been looking at about 5 different breeders.. I got a call from my sister in Mississippi about a doberman girl, blue, 14 months that she said I just had to get.. Well, to make a long story short.. When we got her, she was 45lbs,(almost 20lbs underweight), you could see all her ribs, she had worms,lost a lot of her coat, never been to a vet, no shots, never been in the house, never been on a leash, basically a very abused dog. Now she is a loving, happy, healthy dog. The good Lord just told me to get her and I am so happy I did. Now your found baby Alpha is in a loving caring home even if you decide it is only for awhile. Good luck to you and Bless you for being caring!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll definately keep her, couldnt bear the thought of her going through anything similar again. she's sooo sweet natured and gave me a big sloppy lick this morning.

i think whoever's dumped her has known ive had a dobe before. i only wish i knew who, id love to give them a piece of my mind.
at least she's nice and safe and warm now.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Good on you adoradobe for taking in this sweetie in need of a good home with lots of love. One more life saved.

Had to laugh at your comment of cancelling the show pup. We were on a breeder's waiting list for a companion dobe, (you can wait six to twelve months here) when a chance to adopt Jeddah came up. Best decision I've ever made. I do look forward to being able to go back on that waiting list one day!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bless you for taking her in. At least the dum-ass that abandoned her had 1 brain cell left to leave her with you. Pictures please.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Some things are just meant to be. To have a puppy that is so much in need show up on your doorstep is surely a gift from God! Thank you for keeping her and not doing what so many other people may have done--pass her on to a shelter. That dog will always be greatful to you, and you will have a true friend there. You are a GOOD soul !!!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Kudos to you for taking her in! We can't wait to see some pics!! Somethings are just meant to be, and her coming to you to save her life was just one of them :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
I feel so sorry for the little pup. Not only did they dump her on your dorr step they had to dump her during the winter time. I can't wait to see photos of her.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it still makes my blood boil when i think of her shivering in the cold.:sadcry:
she's coming along fine, bouncing around like she's always been here.
ill try to get the pics up asap. might only be tiny ones of her in the car with me on the way to the vets. Her skin is improving thankfully. She's at this moment busy snoring away next to a cuddly toy she seems to have adopted, bless her.

I'm not bothered i didnt get the show pup to be honest, after all a dobe is a dobe no matter what. Maybe as is said it was meant to be.
Will get the pics up as soon as i can, thanks for the all the kind words :3dbiggrin

·
Registered
953 Posts
Aww the poor thing. But now she's safe. That's so nice of you to take her in. I'd deffinently want to know who did such a thing. Someone had to have known that you'd be more then willing to take her.

Geesh, this makes me so sad that someone would do something like this. But Thank God for ppl like you :)

Can't wait to see pictures of the angel.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pics are up in the gallery only a couple but cant get the thumbnails to work. If you click on them the pics will still appear tho

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
She looks lovely Anita,this is fate you know you have to keep her, the show dog will come later.Amber and Chelsie are not show dogs but they are still my babies and i would not give them up for all the tea in china!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
awww thanks everyone. I'll get some better pics up soon, those were taken in the car on my boyfriends phone so not the best quality. Just wanted to let you see my little cutie.:3dbiggrin

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
thank god for people like you.

I can't believe that anyone would do that!!!!! I wonder where the rest of the litter is. Most of the rescues that I have seen are at least a little older and out of the "awwwwww isn't he/she precious" stage.

FYI, having a 90 lb dobe sleeping on your legs/lap/pillow/shoulder/arm/ or any other body part they can get is actually really nice - even at 46. With any luck he won't snore :)

cc

1 - 20 of 23 Posts