Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some information on Duke. Duke will be 2 years old in Sept and is a CL dog. The ad said that they couldn't keep him and were looking for a good home for him. We went over and met Duke and right away we knew he was a good boy that needed some attention. The folks that owned him were nice enough but the story was that they had 3 other dogs and Duke was getting so big they couldn't handle him anymore.

They gave me all of Dukes paperwork including AKC registration (That was never sent in or filled out) Micro ID chip paperwork, & also his spay & neuter information. All Vet records are up to date and he is current on everything based on the paperwork from a pretty well known clinic (Rothman Animal Hospital) in our area. I am pretty happy with the information that they provided and it does appear they took very good care of him. I asked him where he got Duke and he said up in PA somewhere?

I am pretty sure I know the answer to my question but I am looking for some of the locals to perhaps confirm for me my thoughts. I think Duke was purchased from one of the many Puppy Mills in the Amish area of PA based on the information I have and will post. I can not find any information on the Breeders name or the Sire & Dam. They both have AKC Reg numbers but no more details then that. I did register Duke in my name on the AKC website & requested (Paid) extra for the 3 generation pedigree they offer but it has not arrived yet.

Here is the information from the AKC site:

AKC No.: WS35167408
Name: Sir Duke Of Blackwood II
Sex: Male
Breed: Doberman Pinscher
Variety:
Color: Black & Rust

Markings:
Birth Date: 09/08/2010
Sire: Baron Von Hoodlum - WS10400911 DOB - 10/16/2004 AKC DNA #V529199
Dam: Shining Eye Velvet's Bella Lady - WS18391703 DOB - 7/11/2006
Breeder(s): Daniel L Stoltzfoos

I can not find any information the Breeder via Google etc... but there are a ton of Stoltzfus named Breeders in the Amish area of PA. I think this guy may have changed his Breeding name. If you google that name you come up with a farm etc...but if you google Daniel Stoltzfus it is all about Puppy Mills.

Either way I dont care, Duke is doing great and is getting along with Athena very well. None of my Dobermans have been show dogs in fact all of them have been discarded by their previous owners and were most likely BYB dogs to begin with. This is the first time I got a Dobe that actually had AKC paperwork so I was just curios.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

TD

Attachments

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
I was thinking the same thing as GK. I think you have up to 2 years to register a dog...? I could be wrong. That's what I'd try.

Good luck and I'm glad he's fitting in so well! Love the pic of them together. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
They're allowed 150-500 dogs a year. Is that puppies sold? Or adults included? It's a lot of dogs no matter which way you look at it. Puppy mill.

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the help & information. I did register Duke and requested his pedigree from AKC. Looking at it it is pretty easy to see where his Dad came from (Kimbertal / Altobello) but I can not find any information on his Mom.

I am going to attach the pedigree and maybe you guys / gals can give me some info.

Also is there any way to tell how long a dog (Mom. Dad Grand Parents etc..) has lived based on the information I have.

On a side note it has been a week and I am really pleased with Duke and his temperament so far. He is getting along great with Athena and she seems to be enjoying the playmate. It is still real early so I am taking precautions like never allowing them to be alone together, no toys/balls that would cause one to try and be dominant etc... but so far so good. We took him camping with us this weekend and he did real good with other people and other dogs.

Thanks
TD

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,343 Posts
Just saw this. It is so great that you got Duke before someone "not so nice" got a hold of him. What a handsome boy. And, Athena look gorgeous. Best of luck with Duke. Hope we see lots of photos.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Good luck with him - sounds like he totally lucked out getting a home like yours!!

No idea who the breeder is but it sure sounds like Amish or possibly Mennonite. Plenty of those kinds of breeders around here (we are an hour from Amish country)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts