Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.....My trainer we go to said that Duchess's breeder is done showing with Duchess's brother and has a home with someone that lives by our trainer and is going to be in the beginners obedience class either before or after duchess's class she is in right now. so for now on I hope to remember to bring my camera just in case we run into him! :)
so this is a early ahead of time post...but just wanted to share the news...and hopefully pictures will come soon in the next couple weeks :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
If he is as half a good looking dog as Duch then he will be one fine looking Dobe.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That's exciting news. It is always a treat to see your dog's siblings, isn't it? Can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :) I am excited! Do dogs recognize that they are family or atleast know they know this dog from when they were little? Im wondering if she will be excited to see him when she does or if she will be like who is this dog??

·
4,376 Posts
It is unlikely she will see him as her brother,Mischa lines up against 1 or 2 of her litter sisters on a regular basis and just see's them as another dog now.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I agree w/Brum...but that doesn't mean Duchess & her brother can't be instant friends if given the opportunity. Who knows, they may like each other right off and want to play together, esp. being a healthy male/female combo. And they could possibly sniff out a family connection but they've smelled alot of other pooches since they were puppies and both have established NEW families now. Remember, dogs live in the present, not in the past. But it's always fun to see the family resemblance.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Duchess may not recognize him as her brother, but I would guess she recognizes him as a fellow Doberman.

I don't know what it is about these guys, but they really do know their own kind.

At the Dog Park, Mensa's focus is 100% on her Frisbee. There can be 50 other dogs there, but she ignores them.

Last week, at the Palm Springs Dog Park she was doing just that, laying down next to her Frisbee. Then a beautiful 2-year-old male Doberman named Jet came through the gate. Mensa forgets all about her Frisbee and spends the next half-hour running around with Jet.

As soon as Jet leaves Mensa is back to her Frisbee fixation, and ignoring all the other dogs.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Chaz, maybe Jet was "the one" for Mensa...kinda like he was the Doberman Idol! HAHA. Actually, I'd agree it's true they do sense something about other dobies. At the agility show this weekend, Oscar's eyes would light up in a special way when he saw (and got to meet) another dobie. It's a special excitement above and beyond meeting any other breed. Sorta like they're saying, "Wow, now that's a beautiful dog coming toward us!"

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Oh I definitely agree with the "knowing their own kind" thing!

I think it is very cute, ...... I don't know if the word "racist" would fit, but Orson would prefer every house we walk by to have a dobe in the yard for him to meet! :D

·
4,376 Posts
Oh yes i will agree wholeheartedly with that,I really notice that at shows where the the dogs are benched,if a Dobe walks down the aisle between the benches the Dobes hardly take any notice,but if another breed walks down all hell is let loose!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cool well it will be interesting....There was this one time at the dog park when i use to take duch and a doberman puppy came in! she loved him! just running around in circles around the table and stalking each other...pouncing lol. :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Can't wait to see pictures LapDog!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DUCHESS MET HER BROTHER!!!!! lol I didnt have my camera cause I thought he was going to be on a different day cause things changed :( but he will be there after her class on wednesdays for now on!
He walked in and we were just getting in line to work on some hand signals...and when he walked Duchess wanted nothing to do with training lol. so the lady came over and said hi...and duchess was trying to pull to get to him...so since she was on her choke I squated down and held duchess...and Her brother Diesel is sooooo sweet! REminds me so much of Duchess! He was lightly shaking like duchess does when she is alittle like.."whats going on?" he stuck out his head for me to pet him and then would just rest his head in your hands and just chill like duchess does!
and when I was squating down eventually duchess and diesel touched noses and wanted to smell each other. They were so great together!
I'll have to bring my camera next week for sure! and get a picture of them together!

·
Extraordimary
4,976 Posts
As I recall, Duchess's sire is Bubba, right? I am hopefully expecting a litter sired by him. The breeding just took place 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Wow, Duchess will have an even bigger family.

Congrats on your breeding MaryAndDobes!

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
My dobermans over the years have all been backwards. They walk around a dog show and don't really take notice of the other breeds, even the other dobermans. But when they get around the whippet ring they go completely NUTS and make a general fool of themselves.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As I recall, Duchess's sire is Bubba, right? I am hopefully expecting a litter sired by him. The breeding just took place 2 weeks ago.
Yep! CONGRATS! very neat :) from what I hear he's a great dog:) I wish you luck with the litter...for a quick second an irrational thought ran through my head saying I WANT ONE lol I know this is irrational cause im 22 and im just hoping that one day when I move out of my parents house I can find somewhere with a fenced in yard i can afford so I can keep my Duch girl...assuming that hopefully my mom would let me. Thats the only place my mind is at when I think of things like that lol.

Do you have a waiting list? or do breeders wait to see if the breeding takes first?

But when they get around the whippet ring they go completely NUTS and make a general fool of themselves
HAHA thats cute though lol. I can see your dobes parading over all perky thinking "GUYS GUYS!! OVER HERE!!! YOU GUYS!!! HEY!..........OH! Good Idea guys! lets go run!!!" lol as the whippets run away alittle freaked out lol. :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
That is neat LD. Next time bring that camera. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts