Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my mom was playing outside with the dogs...and Duchess loves to pick on Coco. They will play keep away with the ball...or chase each other around. But when they get into a deep chase once duchess catches up to coco or when something just comes over her...she will RUN at coco and bark and growl and bark and growl...do a play stance...bark...bark...growl...and be jumping all over him and around him...then Coco being a very fearful dog because of his old home gets scared and crouches to the ground. Well Coco has been trying to stand up for himself...and will kinda try running away while snapping back at Duchess. AND today...he actually got Duchess in the cheek...and I think he got a little chunk out of it...or its just a gash...because it has a little flap. We have a butterfly bandage on it right now...hopefully its heals okay. Poor girl...cause even though she picks on Coco badly...I dont think it is to be mean...I think she just wants him to toughen up and play...and I think she can sense that he is fearful. Usually even when she is picking on him real bad...they NEVER put even a scratch on each other. :sadcry:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the butterfly bandage didnt stay on lol but now we have this circle one on and its working great. Yeah I wish she would stop doing that...maybe I should call the dog whisperer lol. She doesnt do it with dogs at the dog park...she just knows coco too well and feels its okay I guess. I really hope she learned from that lol. I just cant imagine her actually stopping that behavior!...she is so stubborn that she may just forget about the incident and continue...Ill cross my fingers that she has learned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.